So, fudge is probably my favorite part of the holiday season. What? Too soon? Believe it or not, I am more than ready to get in the kitchen and start baking Christmas and other holiday cookies. This 5-ingredient dark chocolate fudge with pistachios is now my NEW favorite part of the holiday season. I’m not going to beat around the bush here, when it comes to baking, I like to make things as simple as possible for myself. This dark chocolate fudge with pistachios is just proof of that. With just 5-ingredients and 10 minutes of actual “work,” there should be no excuses. You have to try this recipe!
Now, this whole diving head first into baking thing is due to the current weather conditions happening right outside my front door. It is cooooollllldddd and snoooowwwwyyyy, which is funny since when I woke up this morning it was literally 65 degrees. In under 2 hours the wind speeds increased and the cold air blew right in. This is not abnormal for Colorado, if you didn’t know. Large temperature gradients are a common thing. Those little “mole hills” called the Rockies may just have a little bit to do with it. ;)
Believe it or not, I was pretty excited about the snow. As a result, I broke out the winter-themed herbal teas, turned on Kelly Clarkson’s Wrapped in Red and cranked out the post for this decadent 5-ingredient dark chocolate fudge with pistachios.
P.S. I also have my reindeer-themed leggings on. I’m not mad about it.
I’m totally nuts about pistachios. Pun 100% intended. I throw nuts into fudge all the time, but pistachios are by far my favorite ingredient to add (and also my favorite nut)!
I have made fudge in a gazillion different ways. With marshmallow. Without. With butter. Without. But my favorite way to make it (and this may be the easy way out), is to use sweetened condensed milk. It always comes out perfectly fudgy, and it makes for a super simple recipe.
Also, 5-ingredients? Hello!
Recipe is below as well as a beer pairing! I hope everyone is surviving this Monday!
- 2 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 14- ounces can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt only use 1/2 a teaspoon if you are using salted pistachios
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract good quality
- 1 3/4 cups pistachios shells removed (I used roasted and salted pistachios)
- Spray an 8x8 inch baking dish with a non-stick spray. Line with parchment paper, leaving enough overhang so that it is easier to remove later on. Spray the parchment paper with a non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your food processor, add 3/4 cups of the pistachios. Pulse until they are reduced to fine crumbs. Set aside.
- In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine the dark chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and salt. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly so that the chocolate doesn't burn. Remove from heat once melted and stir in the vanilla extract and remaining 1 cup whole pistachios until evenly dispersed.
- Pour the chocolate into the prepared baking dish. Pour the crushed pistachios on top. Press down ever so gently and spread to coat the top evenly. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Remove from the refrigerator and cut into squares.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for 1 week. I store mine in the refrigerator.