I 100% blame this warm yogurt bacon dip on football. Maybe it’s because we were surrounded by Thanksgiving leftovers and football over the weekend, and now I want simple, delicious, dip-able treats to eat. I seriously could make a meal out of a good dip, and I may or may not have made a meal out of this warm yogurt bacon dip today. No really, I’m pretty sure this dip was one of the only things I ate today. My stomach may not by thanking me later on, but right now my tastebuds are doing back handsprings.
I always wonder why we make it acceptable to eat “junk” over the weekend, and then resort back to “healthy” eating on the weekdays. Is it because we are lazier on the weekends? Are we doing more, so we compromise by going out to eat or opening a bag of chips because we just don’t have the time? Or is it all about it being fall and football consumes our lives every Saturday, Sunday, Monday night and Thursday night?
I think this is how I subconsciously choose what to eat on any given day.
Except for today, that is…I don’t know what it is about today that all I wanted to eat was junk food…and A LOT of junk food! (no, there is no bun in the oven…I promise)
This warm yogurt dip, you guys…
(nope, still not pregnant)
Is there a more glorious combination than that!? This dip is so easy, people. Like REALLLLLLYYY easy. It’s all about throwing cream cheese, yogurt, mayo, sour cream, grated cheddar cheese, bacon and a handful of spices into a bowl; mixing it all together; pouring it into a small baking dish and baking it to golden brown perfection.
Serve with a handful of toasts or veggie chips (because this will make you feel slightly better about yourself) and it’s just yum.
Recipe and beer pairing is below! Have a great evening everyone! xo
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups grated white cheddar cheese
- 6 strips of bacon cooked until crisp, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- toasts or chips for serving
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and spray a small baking dish with a non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, sour cream, mayo, garlic powder, onion powder and a dash of salt and pepper until smooth. Add the cheese and most of the chopped bacon, reserving about a tablespoon to sprinkle on top after the dip has cooked.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the top is bubbly and brown.
- Remove from heat and let stand for a minute or two. Sprinkle the reserved bacon and parsley on top.
- Serve immediately with toasts. Enjoy!