Happy Friday, friends! I hope everyone has something super exciting planned for the weekend and if you don’t, you should totally think about making these fingerling hasselback potatoes because let’s be honest, aren’t they they cutest little bites you have ever seen!? I think I like looking at them more than I like eating them. Well no, that is a lie, I definitely enjoyed eating them first and foremost. These mini bites of scrumptiousness are such a great side dish served alongside a perfectly seared steak or grilled chicken, but I like them best served as an appetizer. The curry aioli is the perfect accompaniment and the sprinkle of parmesan just sends it straight over the edge.
Zach is such a meat and potatoes type of person. I don’t think he necessarily likes to admit that he is as picky as he is. Just last night, I was heating up some leftover blueberry waffles and it was then and there that Zach broke my heart.
He doesn’t like blueberries.
Who in their right mind doesn’t like a blueberry?! They are probably one of the most delicious berries on the planet. I know. I know. I swear I learn something new about him everyday. At least it keeps things interesting. I am honestly never bored.
It saddens me really, because I will literally eat almost anything you set in front of me. Anyway, getting down to the bottom line, Zach is picky even though he will swear he’s not. I knew being the meat and potatoes lover that he is, he would just adore these potatoes and I was totally 100% on point. He even loved the curry aioli! 2 points for me!
This recipe is insanely easy you guys and only requires a handful of ingredients that of which are probably already gracing the shelves of your pantry. Cutting into your fingerling potatoes will take some serious skill though. I have sliced in half my fair share of baby potatoes. Just pay attention and be patient. It really doesn’t take as long as you think it does.
I would most definitely pair these potatoes with a brown ale. I love potatoes and brown ales and this style of beer will really compliment the nuttiness in the parmesan cheese. Recipe for these fingerling hasselback potatoes is below! Have a great weekend! xo
Baby Fingerling Hasselback Potatoes with Curry Aioli and ParmesanPrint Pin Rate
- 2 pounds baby fingerling potatoes I used a tri-color blend
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fine sea salt
- 1 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons hot curry powder more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Rinse and dry your potatoes and cut slits across each potato 3/4 of the way down, making sure not to slice all the way so that the potatoes stay in tact.
- Place the potatoes on the prepared baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with fine sea salt.
- Roast the potatoes for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- While the potatoes are roasting, prepare your curry aioli. To a small bowl, whisk together the mayo, curry powder, turmeric, and salt and black pepper to taste. Set aside or cover and refrigerate for later use.
- Once the potatoes have roasted, remove from oven and sprinkle on the parmesan cheese. Place them back in the oven and bake until the cheese has melted, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Drizzle with the curry aioli or serve it on the side and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!