Did I have you guys sold with the title of this post? What is absolutely not to love about chocolate, peanut butter, pudding, parfaits, pretzels and whipped cream all intermingling in the same sentence!? With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I knew these pudding cups/parfaits needed to make it into the all-star line up. Chocolate pudding and peanut butter come together in a scrumptious creamy dessert. Topped with chopped pretzels and a homemade coconut whipped cream, and you have a perfect Valentine’s Day dessert in only minutes!
Valentine’s Day around here usually goes something like this:
We don’t normally go out. It’s not really our idea of a relaxing Valentine’s Day. We like to stay in and create yummy recipes that we’ve never done before. Zach normally takes care of the appetizer and entree. He doesn’t cook very often because…well…he lives with me, but he is a FABULOUS cook. I think that a beef carpaccio and duck breast with crispy skin will be adorning our dinner table this year.
I am so not upset about this.
I usually take care of dessert, and I have been playing around with dessert for about the past month now. One idea up for grabs, is the recipe for these chocolate peanut butter pudding cup parfaits and there are a million and one reasons why!
What is so great about Snack Pack puddings is how fun and creative you can get with them! Mixin ideas are almost overwhelming because there are so many of them to play with! From candies to sprinkles, brownies and creams the sky is the limit on what you can add to the mix!
In light of Valentine’s Day literally being this weekend, I thought that chocolate was the only way to go because chocolate is the best. Let’s be honest with ourselves.
Snack Pack Chocolate Pudding is mixed with Peter Pan Peanut Butter and chopped up peanut butter cups. I think I could stop right there and all would be well in the world, but let’s go on just for fun. Back into the cups the pudding mixture goes, filling them about 3/4 of the way. Top with a layer of salty, crunchy chopped pretzels and then add a heaping dollop of homemade coconut whipped cream right on top to create the ultimate pudding parfait.
You can even add a little less of each layer and layer the three ingredients a couple of times for some wow factor!
You can find Snack Pack Chocolate Pudding with the rest of the crazy amount of Snack Pack Puddings in the baking aisle of your local Walmart, right next to the baking nuts! There are seriously so many different flavors to choose from. With their new easy open to lids, they are the perfect afternoon snack for the kiddos!
Recipe for these must-have Valentine’s Day pudding cups is below! Have a great afternoon everyone! xo
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding Cups with Pretzels and Coconut Whipped CreamPrint Pin Rate
- 4 Chocolate Snack Pack Pudding Cups
- 1 tablespoon Peter Pan Peanut Butter Creamy
- 4 regular-sized peanut butter cups finely chopped
- 1 14 ounce can full-fat coconut milk, chilled
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pretzels
- Begin, by scooping out the pudding from the Chocolate Snack Pack Pudding Cups and transfer to a medium bowl. Rinse and dry your cups. Set aside.
- To the bowl with the pudding, add the peanut butter and whisk until fully incorporated. Next, gently fold in the chopped peanut butter cups until thoroughly incorporated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until you are ready to use.
- Next prepare your coconut whipped cream. Taking your chilled can of coconut milk, open it and scoop out the cream from the top. Leave the water that has settled at the bottom. You will not need it for this recipe. Place the coconut cream in the bowl of your stand mixer with whisk attachment fixed. Beat the cream for about 2 minutes on medium-high speed or until soft peaks form. Add the honey and the sea salt and beat again until incorporated.
- Assemble your pudding cups by filling each cup three quarters of the way with the chocolate peanut butter pudding you made earlier. Top with a couple of tablespoons of pretzels and then dollop the coconut whipped cream. I used a pipping bag with a star tip to pipe out my coconut whipped cream, but a dollop will work just fine.
- The pudding cups are best served immediately. Enjoy!