Yay! It’s Friday! I don’t know about you, but I am super excited that the weekend is here! What better way to celebrate the weekend then by sharing a recipe for these Grapefruit Greek Yogurt Pancakes. These pancakes aren’t your average pancakes. They are moist, thick and fluffy. With the tang from the vanilla Greek yogurt and the subtle sweetness from the Florida grapefruit, these Greek yogurt pancakes would be the perfect addition to your brunch menus this weekend!
I often think that grapefruit gets shoved aside compared to other citrus that are at their peak this time of year, but I think that grapefruit deserves to be in the spotlight too! It’s just so juicy and delicious, and it’s by far one of my favorites! Florida grapefruit is so perfect this time of year. Why not highlight it’s perfection!?
I thought that Florida grapefruit would be the perfect addition to my everyday pancake recipe, and boy was I right. Without being super overwhelming in tang from the Greek yogurt and sweetness from the grapefruit, these pancakes are perfectly balanced and make for a delicious breakfast option!
The recipe is fairly easy. I mean you really don’t get much easier than pancakes. Am I right? Flour, baking powder, sugar and salt make up the dry mixture. Add this mixture to a blend of grapefruit juice, eggs, vanilla Greek yogurt, oil and milk. Stir until just combined. You want the pancake batter to be lumpy! To a preheated, greased griddle, drop 1/4 cup of the pancake batter. Let it cook until bubbly and then flip! Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes and you have breakfast in minutes!
Oh, and don’t forget the toppings! I like a slice of grapefruit, 100% maple syrup and butter as my garnished.
These Grapefruit Greek Yogurt Pancakes literally taste like winter, and I just love it.
Now let’s talk about the star of these Greek Yogurt Pancakes: the Florida grapefruit!
Florida grapefruit is at its sweetest and juiciest right at the peak of winter (January-March), making it a great source of delicious, ripe fruit at a time when many others are not available.
Florida’s unique fertile soil and lush subtropical climate are what make Florida grapefruit the sweetest and juiciest variety of grapefruit in the world, but they can also take a toll on the outer appearance of the fruit – don’t judge a book by it’s cover!
Florida grapefruit is just another reason why I adore winter citrus!
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe for Grapefruit Greek Yogurt Pancakes! They would be the perfect addition to your brunch menus this weekend! Have a great weekend! xo – Justine
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons juice from Florida Grapefruit
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 3/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 100 % real maple syrup butter and slices of Florida Grapefruit, for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, Florida Grapefruit, oil, Greek yogurt and whole milk until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir to combine. Do not over mix. The pancake batter should be lumpy.
- Preheat a griddle or large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Once hot, spray with a non-stick canola oil spray and pour 1/4 cup of the batter onto the griddle. Do not overcrowd the pan. Work in batches if you must. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until bubbles begin to form. Flip the pancakes and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a plate for serving.
- Top the pancakes with butter, 100% real maple syrup and grapefruit slices. Eat immediately and enjoy!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.