Sweet Chili Pork Cutlet Rice Bowls with Avocado Cream are a great quick weeknight dinner recipe idea.
Oven-Fried Pork Cutlets are coated in Thai sweet chili sauce and sit upon a bed of basmati rice along with a soft-boiled egg, shredded carrots, fresh pineapple slices, green onions and the most perfect avocado cream sauce. Add a drizzle more of Thai sweet chili sauce and you have comfort in a quick weeknight meal!
Happy Sunday, everyone! How was everyone’s weekend?! Most of our weekend was continuing our landscape work, getting caught up on recipe development for you fine people, and developing a plan for our new home…Which by the way, we are building AGAIN. Yup, a year later … and we are building another house. You know what they say…if you can’t find what you want, build it yourself. I’ll get more into that process later in the week, but I was so excited about it that I had to share! Eek!
With so much going on around here, I’ve been all about the quick dinners lately, and rice bowls are one of my favorite ideas for any night. They usually consist of whatever I have on hand at the time, and three things that I always have are eggs, rice and some kind of meat. I usually go with chicken, but in this case, I had a ton of boneless pork chops in the freezer. I tend to stock up when they go on sale, so pork cutlet rice bowls it was!
Now let’s talk about this giveaway for a second. I’m teaming up with Zwilling US and a few of some super special blogger friends to celebrate Jacqueline of Go Go Go Gourmet’s 30th birthday. We will be giving away a Zwilling Pro Starter Knife Set, an awesome prize worth $250! Enter Below!
The Lazy Mom’s Cooking Blog | The Gold Lining Girl | Life A Little Brighter | My Kitchen Craze | Bake Eat Repeat | Cook with Manali | Cooking and Beer | The Seasoned Mom
These sweet chili pork cutlets with avocado cream and so yum you guys. Pair them with an IPA. An IPA goes really well with subtle Thai flavors. Have a wonderful night, friends! xo
- 2 ripe avocados peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- salt and black pepper
- non-stick canola oil spray
- 2 boneless pork chops or cutlets I pounded out 2 boneless pork chops with a meat tenderizer
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice cook per package's instructions, makes about 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 6 slices of fresh pineapple
- 2 soft or hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons green onions sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- In the bowl of your food processor or blender, add the avocados, sour cream, buttermilk and a dash of salt and pepper. Puree until completely smooth, transfer to an airtight container, and refrigerate until you are ready to use.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F and line a large lipped baking sheet with foil. Spray with a non-stick spray. Set aside.
- To one shallow bowl, add the flour and a dash of salt and black pepper. To another shallow bowl, add the eggs and thai sweet chili sauce. Whisk to combine. To a third shallow bowl, add the panko bread crumbs.
- Dredge each pork cutlet in the flour, then coat in the egg mixture, and lastly coat with panko bread crumbs, pressing to adhere where needed. Place the pork cutlets on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes on each side, or until crispy and cooked to your liking (I cooked my pork to medium - use a probe meat thermometer if needed). Remove from heat and let rest for a couple of minutes before slicing.
- Assemble your rice bowls by placing pork cutlets, carrots, pineapple, eggs, green onions, parsley and sesame seeds upon two beds of rice. Enjoy immediately.
This is so pretty and fresh-looking. I love “bowls”. Thanks for the recipe!
Me too! Thanks girl!
I could eat out of a bowl every night — especially if it looked like this! I love all the goodness and flavor here — this meal looks fantastic!
Aw, thanks Marcie! I hope you had a wonderful weekend!
I’m all about quick dinners too and this rice bowl has everything I love! It looks incredible and I love the flavors!
Thanks, Kelly! I hope you have a great day. ;)
I love quick meals and this rice bowl looks incredible! And that egg!! So perfect, my eggs never look that perfect! :)
Haha, that egg is like 1 in 12 that came out right ;) Thanks, Stacey!