I have been ALL about the easy dinners lately. I feel like this has been the busiest month of my life, and I can’t wait for May to end and June to arrive! Maybe June will provide some relaxation and down time. Zach and I have basically spent 3 weeks out of this month frolicking around North America. From Montreal to Santa Fe to Portland, this month has been full of excitement.
So yeah…I’m all about the easy dinners recipes.
Bowls are basically my go-to for dinner. It’s kind of hard to screw them up. You can get as simple as you want, but what’s even better, is that you can get as adventurous and creative as you want. This…I love. While rice bowls are my main squeeze, I like to dabble with other grains: quinoa, bulgur…to name a few.
In this delicious almond chicken quinoa curry bowl, I’ve decided that quinoa would be the main ingredients. Of course, I still had to throw a mound of rice on top, but that’s ok. I ran today. ;)
Almond Chicken Quinoa Curry Bowls is a weeknight dinner recipe to get excited about! While quinoa, chicken, and tomato are the main components of this recipe, the flavors of curry and Almond Breeze Almondmilk Hint of Honey Vanilla are the stars.
Yes, you heard me right. I used almond milk instead of coconut milk in this curry-based dish. Don’t be scared. It’s actually SUPER delicious, and I crave some sweetness in my curry dishes. This almond milk really brings everything together in these quinoa curry bowls by adding some nutty flavor that no other can match!
Recipe for these almond chicken quinoa curry bowls is below and you don’t want to miss it! Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone! xo
Almond Chicken Quinoa Curry BowlsPrint Pin Rate
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cloves of garlic finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups carrots sliced
- 1 14- ounce can diced tomatoes drained
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2-3/4 cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk Hint of Honey Vanilla
- Toppings: white or brown rice almond butter, sliced almonds, green onions, cilantro
- In a large and deep pot, add the olive oil. Heat it over medium-high heat and then add the onion. Sauté the onion for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add the chicken, garlic, ginger, curry paste, curry powder, garam masala and a dash of salt and black pepper. Toss to coat. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until the tomato paste is darker red in color. Whisk in the chicken stock.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Add the carrots, tomatoes and quinoa. Cover and cook until the quinoa is completely cooked through, about 20-25 minutes. Stir in the Almond Breeze Almondmilk Hint of Honey Vanilla, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve the stew-like mixture in bowls, garnished with rice, almond butter, sliced almonds, green onions, cilantro, or anything else you'd like to add! Enjoy!