So I definitely posted this recipe the other day with my Skillet Brownies with Salty and Sweet Candied Nuts, but I thought it was completely necessary to create a post just for these candied nuts. I apologize for being extremely redundant. ;)
Many times when I post a recipe(s), I think to myself … “this post should definitely be two posts (or three posts … or four posts).” I understand that it can be extremely overwhelming for some of you to have too many recipes going on in one post. It’s going to take me a while to go back through 400+ recipes and split up the ones I think need to be divided, so I’m starting easy with these sweet and salty candied nuts.
I hope you guys enjoy and have a wonderful weekend! xo
- 1 cup roasted and salted cashews
- 1/2 cup roasted and salted almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, toss together the nuts. Pour them onto the prepared baking sheet. Roast them for 10-12 minutes or until fragrant. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugars and water. Cook over medium heat until the sugar has melted, swirling the pan after it has melted frequently. Continue to cook for 10-12 minutes or until the mixture because golden brown and "caramely." Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and almond extracts. Add the nuts and the salt to the pan and toss together until coated. Pour the nuts back onto the baking sheet. Spread the nuts into an even layer and sprinkle with additional sea salt. Let cool completely.
- Once cool, break the nuts apart with your hands. Transfer to an airtight container and store at room temperature for about a week.