Barbecue Chicken and Cauliflower Couscous Bowls: a fun recipe to spice up your grilling this summer! Perfectly charred chicken breast is laid on a bed of fluffy cauliflower couscous along with super peppery sauteed swiss chard. These bowls are perfect for a quick weeknight meal or a weekend dinner party!
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut-in-half lengthwise to produce 4 equal pieces
- 1 small head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- sea salt and black pepper
- ¼ cup Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic finely minced
- 4 cups Swiss chard stemmed and loosely chopped
- ½ cup roasted and salted sliced almonds
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the barbecue sauce, orange juice and soy sauce. Add the chicken breasts and toss to fully coat. Set aside to marinate while you prepare the rest of your ingredients.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the bowl of your food processor. Pulse 5-6 times are until the cauliflower takes on the texture of couscous. Set aside.
- Heat the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, about 5-6 minutes. Add the cauliflower, garlic powder and salt and black pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese and cilantro. Cover and set aside until you are ready to serve.
- Preheat your grill or grill pan over medium to medium-high heat. Grease the grill and then add the chicken. Cook, brushing occasionally with additional marinade, until cooked through, about 10-12 minutes. Flip the chicken about halfway through cooking time. Remove from heat and set aside to rest while you prepare your Swiss chard.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minutes, until fragrant. Add the Swiss chard and cook, stirring frequently, until wilted and warm. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Assemble your bowls, by layering sliced chicken breast and Swiss chard over a bed of cauliflower couscous. Sprinkle with almonds and enjoy immediately!