Paired with a Smoked Porter
Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend and took advantage of sunny skies and firing up the grill! Our weekend pretty much consisted of the usual. We made our weekly trek up to Wyoming to check on the status of our house, and you guys, it’s totally amazing. The windows are in, the plumbing is going in, and the electrical is scheduled for this week. To say that we are excited for the move would be an understatement. It’s always fun to start a new chapter in our lives right? Other than this little excursion, our weekend was pretty low-key. It was packed full of recipe-testing, photographing and writing. I live such a spontaneous life, right?! Ha.
So anyway, let’s talk about these buttermilk boneless pork chops for a hot minute. Because I have been taking crazy advantage of the current amazing grilling weather, my recipes on Cooking and Beer will go a little overboard in the grilled department for the next month or so. I apologize in advance for being super duper boring and not changing things up. ;)
I made these grilled buttermilk boneless pork chops with spicy corn relish a week or so ago and it was seriously love at first bite. It totally saddens me that corn has such a bad reputation, so I decided I would highlight it in this recipe. Come on, let’s be honest. Corn is so sweet and delicious I can’t even stand it. I hope you guys love this recipe as much as we do!
Before I head out for the day, I wanted to let you guys know that Cooking and Beer is now officially on Yummly! Can I get a “YAY!?” Yummly makes it very simple to collect recipes to save for a rainy day. Most importantly, if you find a recipe on Cooking and Beer that you want to try out, you can always “yum” it and save it for later! I use it all the time when saving my favorite recipes.
There are several ways to “yum” a recipe on Cooking and Beer. You can either add the “Yum” bookmarklet to your browser which you can find here OR you can look to the left of the content of this post (on your web browser) and you’ll find a widget to share this recipe on several social media outlets. If you are using a mobile device or tablet, you can either find the widget for sharing to the left or at the bottom of the content. The “Yum” button will always be listed in this list. Simple right?! Give it a shot. I know you guys will just love this feature.
Pair these pork chops with a smoked porter. Although, I tend to go lighter in the beer department as the temperatures start to rise, I love a smoked porter with anything grilled. Recipe is below! Have a wonderful day everyone! xo
Grilled Buttermilk Boneless Pork Chops with Spicy Corn Relish
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 1 head of garlic cloves separated and smashed
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 4 boneless pork chops
- canola oil
- 2 cups corn kernels thawed if frozen or cut fresh from the cob
- 1 jalapeno seeds and stem removed, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives chopped
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- In a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, honey, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, a generous amount of salt and black pepper (about 1 tablespoons each), garlic and hot sauce. Add the pork chops to the bowl and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Once the pork has marinated, remove from the refrigerator. Preheat the grill to medium heat and brush the grates with canola oil.
- Remove the pork chops from the marinade and transfer to the grill. Cook for about 20 minutes, flipping them halfway through until they are cooked to your liking (I cooked my pork chops to medium). Remove from heat and let rest while you prepare your corn relish.
- In a medium sauté pan, add the olive oil and heat over medium. Add the corn kernels. Cook until warmed through. Stir in the jalapeno, chives and chipotle chili powder. Adjust seasoning by adding salt and black pepper. Remove from heat.
- Spoon the relish over the grilled pork chops. Serve immediately and enjoy!