Paired with a Framboise or Fruit Beer
I feel like I totally should have shared this recipe for blueberry cornmeal pancakes before the weekend began instead of posting it a day after the weekend ends. I definitely was not thinking. I can be terrible at planning when recipes should get posted. I probably could be utilizing ongoing trends a lot more than I am!
Oh well, I’m sharing these moist cornmeal pancakes with you now and I’m super excited about it. Hey, at least I’m sharing a recipe that I made without meat for meatless Monday! Although when I made these pancakes, I definitely washed them down with like 6 slices of crisp bacon, and it definitely wasn’t a Monday. I’m terrible, but I won’t tell if you won’t.
Anyway, did everyone have a wonderful weekend!? I hope exciting and fabulous brunches were involved! Maybe a succulent eggs benny washed down with a bloody mary adorned with crispy bacon perhaps? I absolutely adore brunch and breakfast foods, but rarely do I actually enjoy them before noon. There is normally so much to get done in the AM! I wake up, plan out my day, drink my coffee and go for my morning run. I’m definitely one of those people who CAN NOT eat before they run. This has changed over the years. I always used to require something before I ran, but now I can’t even stomach it. This is part of the reason I rarely enjoy breakfast before noon. It’s ok though. These are the perks with working from home, I can eat breakfast whenever I darn well please!
Sometimes I wish I had more of a strict schedule.
Actually no. This is totally untrue. I probably would crumble if I had to follow a strict schedule.
Anyway, I totally feel like I’m babbling today, so I’ll stop while I’m ahead. Make these blueberry cornmeal pancakes this weekend! Pair them with a Framboise because seriously you guys, it’s the weekend. Live a little. xo
Blueberry Cornmeal PancakesPrint Pin Rate
- 1 cup all-purpose flour whole wheat flour may be substituted
- 3/4 cup finely-ground cornmeal
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk more to reach desired consistency if needed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries divided
- butter and 100% pure maple syrup for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, oil and vanilla extract.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet. Fold the ingredients together until just moistened. Do not overmix. Very gently, fold in 1 cup of the blueberries.
- Preheat a griddle pan or large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Spray with a non-stick spray. Scoop out the pancake batter in 1/4 cup increments and dollop them on the hot pan, working in batches. Flip the pancakes when the top is bubbly and the bottom is set and brown, about 4 minutes. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes on the other side. Remove from heat and repeat until you've used all of the pancake batter.
- Serve the pancakes with a pat of butter and drizzle with maple syrup. Sprinkle the remaining blueberries on top and enjoy!