No Beer Pairing Today
I’m sure we have been down this road before. The “Justine and Zach are obsessed with ice cream” road…I mean if there was ever a road to drive down, this would be the road. Don’t you agree?
Are you lost? I apologize. I blame Monday. Darn you Monday!
So anyway, I hope guys had a wonderful weekend! I hope the sun was shining, the pool was shimmering, and you guys pounded bowls and bowls of sweet, decadent ice cream.
I know that’s exactly what we did this past weekend! Zach goes through ice cream like water, you guys. Water! Sure, I have the daily scoop or two, but Zach? Well, he goes through about a pint a day. I know, he’s crazy, but who can blame him? It’s just so good! That’s why there was no complaint coming from him when I whipped up a batch of these strawberry cake batter milkshakes.
These milkshakes, friends, are soooo amazing. They are creamy, delicious, and they literally taste like cake batter. I have made a few cake batter milkshakes in my day; cake batter milkshakes made with dry cake mix and milkshakes made without dry cake mix. They are both delicious, but I thought I’d keep it a little more simple today and exclude the dry cake mix all together. You can easily accomplish that cake batter-like taste, with just a few simple ingredients: vanilla and almond extracts. These two ingredients are key you guys.
It’s all very simple. Whole milk, Nestle DREYER’s GRAND Lip Smackin’ Strawberry and Va-Va Vanilla Ice Creams, vanilla extract, and almond extract are all thrown together in a high-powered blender. Blended until perfectly creamy, rainbow sprinkles are folded in to give that “funfetti” effect. Pour into glasses, and serve. That’s seriously it! Fun, right? Ya, I know. So fun. The ice cream is so velvety and smooth. These two flavors make the perfect base for such a perfect summer treat.
You can find these delicious flavors of Nestle DREYER’s GRAND Ice Cream to make your own strawberry cake batter milkshakes at your local Safeway, where there is currently a coupon! Yay for coupons!
To get the coupon, simply sign into your Just 4 U account, find the coupon and load the offer to your loyalty card. Simple click here and search for the $1.00 off 1 DREYER’s Branded Product 32–48 oz offer to save.
…and last but certainly not least, head over to the Nestle DREYER’s Ice Cream Pinterest page for some super amazing recipe ideas!
I hope you guys enjoy these strawberry cake batter milkshakes as much as I do! Have a wonderful Monday, and I’ll talk to you all tomorrow! xo
Strawberry Cake Batter MilkshakesPrint Pin Rate
- 2 cups Nestle DREYER's GRAND Lip Smackin' Strawberry Ice Cream
- 2 cups Nestle DREYER's GRAND Va-Va Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk more or less for desired consistency
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 2 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles plus extra for topping
- To the pitcher of a high-powered blender, add the Nestle DREYER's GRAND Lip Smackin' Strawberry Ice Cream, Nestle DREYER's GRAND Va-Va Vanilla Ice Cream, whole milk, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Add more milk if you find the milkshake to be too thick for your liking. Fold in the rainbow sprinkles.
- Distribute the mixture between two tall glasses. Garnish with additional rainbow sprinkles and enjoy immediately!