Paired with an IPA with Citrus Notes
Happy Sunday, everyone! I totally suck today. I am usually so far ahead when it comes to having recipes posted on time, like at least a month ahead. I’m kind of an obsessive-compulsive planner. You should just take a peek into my daily planner. It would scare you. However, this has not been the case since we’ve moved and decided to live in limbo for a couple of months. I feel like I’m always doing things last minute. I hate when this happens. My anxiety hits the roof. This is going to change starting this week, but I still had to post this peach panzanella salad recipe even though I’m 4 hours later than I normally would be posting! I sincerely apologize guys. Please forgive me.
So anyway, if you know anything about me at all, you know about my obsession with bread. Since moving to Wyoming, we have come across some pretty amazing bread bakers. If I ever developed a gluten allergy, I might spend the rest of my life curled up in my bed thinking back to when I could eat bread. I wanted to highlight the amazing breads we have come across in the last few weeks as well as paying tribute to the peach. Peaches are absolutely incredible right now, especially in our neck of the woods, and I have been going through them like water.
This roasted peach panzanella salad with blistered tomatoes is the definition of summer. It is perfect for a picnic or a dinner for two. You decide, but do me a favor and make it. You will love it!
Recipe for this roasted peach panzanella salad is below! Pair it with an IPA heavy in citrus notes (look for IPAs brewed with citra hops) and have a wonderful Sunday friends! xo
Roasted Peach Panzanella Salad with Blistered Tomatoes
- 3 peaches diced and divided
- 1 1/2 pints cherry tomatoes divided
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 4 cups bread cubes I cut cubes from an artisan sourdough loaf
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat's cheese
- sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with foil. To one baking sheet, add 3/4 of the diced peaches. Toss with 1 tablespoon of oil and sprinkle with just a little fine sea salt. To the second baking sheet, add one pint of the cherry tomatoes. Toss with 1 tablespoon of oil and sprinkle with fine sea salt. Place both baking sheets in the oven. Roast the peaches for 15 minutes, tossing halfway through until soft and just beginning to brown. Remove from heat and set aside. Roast the tomatoes for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through, until they are cracked and blistered. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut the remaining 1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes in half. Set aside.
- On a third baking sheet lined with foil, add the bread cubes. Toss the cubes with 1 tablespoon of oil and season generously with salt and black pepper. Place them in the oven and cook for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through, until crispy and golden. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil (add more if needed), vinegar, honey, basil, dill, tarragon and oregano. Season with salt and black pepper. Add the spinach, arugula, peaches (both roasted and raw diced), tomatoes (both blistered and raw), and bread cubes. Toss until fully coated and thoroughly mixed. Set aside at room temperature to allow flavors to meld for about a half hour before serving. Sprinkle with goat's cheese and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Date Night In by Ashley Rodriguez.