Pumpkin apple beer cheese dip is a fall appetizer recipe that highlights pumpkin and apple flavors and is loaded with cheese!
This beer cheese dip starts with the basics: flour and butter…to create a roux. Pumpkin beer, apple cider, pumpkin puree and some essential seasonings and spices are whisked in. Once thickened, all of that delicious cheese is added in! Whisked until melty, this dip is ready in 20 minutes! Serve it best with tortilla chips are crispy bread!
So I am super excited about today’s post…for a multitude of reasons. First of all, there is this pumpkin apple beer cheese dip. You guys…it combines three of my favorite things on the planet: beer, cheese, and pumpkin. I mean how can you go wrong with that combination of flavors. It’s kind of like a cheese fondue, but so much better than your traditional cheese fondue because there is beer involved!
Oh, and did I mention that pomegranate arils and chives give this beer cheese dip a touch of freshness? This recipe is everything you want in a fall appetizer dish. It’s the perfect treat to serve at your next fall-themed dinner party or game day shindig. I like it best served on lazy Sundays watching way too much football.
Pair this pumpkin apple beer cheese dip with a pumpkin or spiced ale…for obvious reasons. ;)
Now this pumpkin apple beer cheese dip is pretty freakin’ special, but the most important part about today’s post is the $500 Paypal cash giveaway! I have teamed up with a special group of food bloggers to give away $500 in Paypal cash JUST in time for the holidays! Make sure you have a Paypal account before you enter and do so below!
Enjoy the rest of your weekends friends! Talk to you all tomorrow! xo
The Love Nerds
Like Mother Like Daughter
Play Party Pin
Sugar & Soul
Tried and Tasty
Let’s Dish Recipes
Cooking and Beer
That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Happy Food Healthy Life
Love Bakes Good Cakes
Lady Behind the Curtain
Bread, Booze & Bacon
The Lemon Tree Dwelling
Cravings of a Lunatic
Food Folks and Fun
Our Mini Family
Lemoine Family Kitchen
- 4 strips of fully-cooked bacon chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces pumpkin ale about half of a bottle
- 6 ounces apple cider
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper more or less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 ounces cream cheese cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Serve with tortilla chips and/or crispy bread
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for about 2 minutes or until golden brown. Whisk in the pumpkin ale, apple cider, pumpkin puree and dijon mustard. Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the pumpkin pie spice, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and salt.
- Add the cream cheese and whisk until fully melted. Add the cheddar cheese in 1/2 cup increments; making sure each increment is fully incorporated before adding the next. Adjust seasoning to taste and remove from heat.
- Pour the dip into a serving dish and garnish with chopped bacon, pomegranate arils and chopped chives. Enjoy immediately with tortilla chips or crispy bread.
You always use apple in the best way ever :)
With all of those ingredients I am pretty sure this dip is fabulous. Thanks for the recipe!
Oh my goodness. This combination is EVERYTHING! Seriously. I cannot wait to try this dip!
I cannot handle this dip Justine! It looks so good!! Who needs dinner when you have this dip :)
What a great dip, perfect for football Sunday!
WHOA!!! Could there be more fall flavors in one dip? I don’t think so!
Pumpkin and apple and cheese, WHAT? Oh and BACON! You’re a genius girl!
I think that I am going to need this in my life very soon! Thanks for sharing
I love dips and this one sounds amazing! I made beer and cheese soup last week and I wish I had thought to add pumpkin too.
wOW, i CALL THIS DIP-TASTIC!!!
I must say, this looks like the tastiest autumn inspired dip that I have ever seen!