Almond and herb crusted goat cheese is the perfect appetizer or snack to serve at your next game day party!
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. Ditch the chips and grab some Game Changing Flavors this football season! Enter for a chance to win the Ultimate Football Party Prize Pack, get great savings and ideas for delicious snack hacks at GameChangingFlavors.com.!
Tangy and addicting goat cheese is coated in crushed up Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds that have been mixed with a blend of fragrant herbs. Served with crackers or crostini, this goat cheese appetizer will be a hit with all of your guests!
Besides the amazingness that is the holiday season with it’s lower temperatures and increased snowfall, one of the things I love most about this time of year is football season. From professional to college, football is kind of a big deal in our house. There’s nothing like spending Saturday and Sunday afternoons, wrapped in a blanket with a warm fire blazing in the background. Your favorite team is winning and all you can think about is what delicious appetizer you’re going to eat next.
Food and football. The two just kind of go together don’t they? You can’t have one without the other, can you? At least in my world, you can’t have one without the other. Part of what makes football season so great, whether you tailgating on the back of a pick-up or entertaining at home, good food is definitely the highlight.
From chicken wings to guacamole to cheese and crackers, you have to make sure that menu is diverse. This almond and herb crusted goat cheese is one appetizer that is perfect to add to those game day menus.
Almonds are the star of the show in this almond and herb crusted goat cheese. The almonds combined with the fragrant herbs give an unbelievable amount of texture to an otherwise one-note appetizer. It’s the perfect combination of flavors!
Recipe for this almond and herb crusted goat cheese is below! Add it to your game day menu this weekend and enjoy the rest of your Monday! xo
Almond and Herb Crusted Goat CheesePrint Pin Rate
- 1 6- ounce canister of Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 8- ounce log goat cheese
- toasts and/or crackers for serving
- To the bowl of your food processor, add the almonds. Pulse until very finely chopped, with a few large chunks remaining. Pour the crushed almonds into a medium bowl.
- To the bowl, also add the parsley, rosemary, oregano and lemon pepper seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Pour the nut mixture into a shallow dish. Roll the goat cheese in the mixture, pressing the mixture to adhere. I sliced my goat cheese into two equal sections and then rolled them separately into the nut mixture.
- Serve the goat cheese immediately or wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until you are ready to use. Serve the almond and herb crusted goat cheese with additional almonds, toasts/crostini, and crackers. Enjoy!