Johnsonville Homestyle Meatballs are the stars of this simple and delicious finger food.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.Asian Meatball Sliders are the perfect quick-bite appetizer recipe for entertaining this holiday season!
After they are coated and cooked in an addicting Asian-inspired sauce, layer these cuties on a slider roll garnished with fresh arugula, sesame seeds, and cheese. Your guests will be begging for seconds and thirds!
With all of the holiday baking of cookies, cakes, and pies, it’s sometimes easy to forget that New Year’s Eve immediately follows the Christmas season. It’s definitely a huge time for entertaining. Whether it’s hosting family, friends, or new acquaintances, there can definitely be a certain kind of anxiety that comes with entertaining. I know that I get super anxious. I tend to over plan, clean my house for days in advance, and cook WAY too much food.
I definitely used to be that person who spends the entire time in the kitchen…cooking, cleaning up after everyone, and making sure each and every guest is having a great time. While I still care if everyone is having a good time, I have toned down my obsessiveness. I have one solution to this craziness: prepare simple and quick, yet satisfying foods that keep you out of the kitchen and mingling with the ones you love most.
These Asian meatball sliders are my new obsession. I have made them three times for entertaining in just the past month alone, and I have no intention of stopping. They are bursting with flavor, are coated in the most glorious Asian-inspired sauce and are topped with fresh ingredients and cheesy goodness.
I could go on and on about how much I love these Asian meatball sliders, but my number one reason for loving them so much is that they can be prepared ahead of time and thrown in a slow cooker to keep warm. With you laying out a bunch of toppings, your guests can make their own little sliders. It keeps things interactive and keeps the weight off your shoulders, which is a major bonus in my book!
The stars of this recipe are the meatballs. Johnsonville’s line of fully-cooked meatball varieties are the perfect little bites to add to your holiday entertaining menu. These meatballs are like a hardcore entertainer’s dream come true. They cook quickly, are super tender, and can be thrown into just about any sauce to give you all kinds of variety! They are the perfect addition to your holiday entertaining menus!
My biggest advice as you start to tackle this season of entertaining is to take a step back and relax. Make recipes that are simple that make it easy for your guests to serve themselves. Those dishes can wait until the morning and you will be so thankful that you were spending time with family and friends and not hovered over the kitchen sink.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as I do! Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 3/4 cup jam apricot, raspberry, strawberry, blackberry will all work here
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 cloves of garlic pressed through a garlic press or finely minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1/2 package of Johnsonville Fully-Cooked Homestyle Meatballs thawed in the refrigerator
- 14 slider rolls
- Optional Toppings and Garnishes: fresh arugula toasted sesame seeds, cheese sauce or queso
- In a large sauté pan, whisk together the hoisin sauce, jam, white wine vinegar, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil and ginger paste. Bring to a light boil over medium heat. Add the meatballs and toss to coat with the sauce. Decrease the heat to medium-low to simmer. Cover and cook for about 20-25 minutes or until the meatballs are warm. Remove from heat.
- Transfer the meatballs to a large serving bowl along with the sauce.
- Serve the meatballs alongside slider rolls, fresh arugula, toasted sesame seeds and cheese sauce or queso so that your guests can serve themselves anyway they please. Enjoy!