Chicken caesar salad is taken to the next level in this skillet chicken caesar salad.
For this absolutely addicting dish, everything is cooked and prepared in the skillet. It takes less than 5 minutes to prep time and less than 15 minutes of cook time. With its simplicity and quickness, this skillet chicken caesar salad is the perfect, light and healthy weeknight meal that the whole family will enjoy!
Happy Wednesday! Have most of my northeast readers begun to dig yourself out yet? Because I still have a strong connection to the northeast, as in most of my family still lives there, I have been told that they still have not returned to school and work?! I’m kind of jealous that we never got a storm like that growing up in NJ. Oh sure we had that crazy 2-footer in 1993, but I barely remember it as I was just getting settled into second grade.
I don’t hate large snow storms. We get quite a bit of snow here in the mountain west, but we don’t get huge storms because it is just too dry. We get a lot of snow that just hangs around for 9 months. I think we still have 3 feet sitting in our front yard, but I would kill for a big blizzard!
One thing that makes me super excited about big snow storms is being trapped inside. I love the warm and cozy feeling of watching the snow fall whilst sitting by a fire. I tend to cook a lot more when I’m trapped inside too and usually, I have to get super creative. It usually comes down to cooking pantry and refrigerator staples, as the chances of me getting in my truck and driving to the store are almost non-existent.
This skillet chicken caesar salad has become a staple around our house. I cook it a couple of times per month, and there are a couple of reasons for this. Number one, I normally ALWAYS have these ingredients on hand. My freezer is literally littered with chicken breast, and kale is one green I like to always have on hand. For this recipe, any hearty green will do. You want a green that will keep it’s integrity without wilting into nothingness. Kale works well, as does escarole or chard.
This dish packs a ton of flavor for a recipe that’s ready in under 20 minutes. It’s also super nutritious and a great weeknight meal! I highly suggest adding this to your weekly menu plans. You will be so happy you did! Pair this skillet chicken caesar salad with a brown ale. I love a good brown ale with hearty greens. Enjoy!
Side Note: This recipe also works REALLY well with bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs. They will need quite a bit more time to cook, but the flavor can not be matched!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- salt and black pepper
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons store-bought caesar dressing more or less to taste
- 6 cups chopped kale
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley garnish
- In a large and deep skillet, add the oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Season the chicken generously with salt and black pepper. Add the chicken to the pan with the hot oil. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through and dark brown on both sides. Remove the chicken from the pan, and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- If there is little to no oil left, add an additional tablespoon to the pan. Also add the caesar dressing to the pan. Swirl it around to warm up. Add the kale and season with salt and black pepper. Stir to coat with the dressing and cook for 2-3 minutes or until wilted. If you find the kale isn't wilting enough, cover it for a minute or so. This will speed up the process. Remove from heat and place the chicken back in the pan. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!