Paired with an IPA
I don’t know about you guys, but I go seriously crazy over football season. The actual game is all well and good, but let’s be honest, when it comes to football season, it’s all about the food in my book. I can’t get over all of the delicious recipes that are out there for game day. From nachos to chicken wings and guacamole to buffalo chicken dip, people have gotten pretty creative when it comes to game day-inspired recipes.
I have definitely posted my fair share of game day appetizers on this blog. I could go on and on about why each and every one of these recipes is the best, but when I get right down to it, easiest is always the best in my book. I want to be sitting down and enjoying the game with my guests, and not spending my time in the kitchen. It can be done you guys. You can plan ahead and have those dishes finished before your guests even arrive.
This slow cooker spicy sausage cheese dip is one of my favorites. You can make it before your guests arrive and leave it warm in the slow cooker to serve during the entire game.
You don’t have to get super crazy with ingredients either. Most of these ingredients are pantry staples…well they are pantry staples in my house. ;) Sometimes it’s best to keep things simple. Simple doesn’t scare your guests. Simple keeps you out of the kitchen. That’s a serious win-win situation going on right there.
While this dip is extra cheesy, has a ton of flavor, and is loaded with spice, the Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage is the star of the show. It adds the perfect amount of texture to an otherwise one-note dish, and the depth of flavor it adds can’t be matched by using any other protein.
Find Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage in the refrigerated section of your local Walmart! Compliment this sausage with Great Value Brand sour cream, cream cheese, and shredded cheddar cheese (also found in the refrigerated section of your local Walmart). These ingredients, along with some most necessary spices and fresh green onions, make this sausage cheese dip the perfect game day appetizer!
You can find other great holiday-inspired recipes over at www.talkaboutdeliciousmag.com . Add them to your game day parties ASAP. Share all of your game time inspiration using social media and using hashtag #deliciousgametime!
Have a great weekend friends!
Slow Cooker Spicy Sausage Cheese DipPrint Pin Rate
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage regular
- 8 ounces Great Value brand cream cheese
- 2 cups Great value brand sour cream
- 1 4- ounce can green chilies with the juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups Great Value brand grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions sliced (garnish)
- Tortilla chips fresh bread, carrots and celery (for serving)
- To a large nonstick skillet, add the Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until browned and fully cooked through (reaches an internal temperature of at least 170 degrees F). Remove from heat.
- Preheat your slow cooker. To the slow cooker, add the fully-cooked pork sausage, cream cheese, sour cream, green chilies, water, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Cook over low heat for 1 hour. Stir the dip and give it a taste. Adjust seasoning by adding salt and black pepper if necessary. Add the cheddar cheese and stir. Cook the dip for an additional 1-2 hours until melty and warm. Keep the dip warm until you are ready to serve.
- Serve the spicy sausage cheese dip with tortilla chips, fresh bread, and carrots and celery. Enjoy!