Strawberry cherry oatmeal smoothies are hearty and filling, making them the perfect quick breakfast solution.
Do you guys ever feel like life can be super hard and even kind of mundane? I don’t know if it’s because the holidays are over, and we are all trying to stick to those New Year’s resolutions without trying to give up the things in life that make us happy…or you get on yourself for NOT keeping up with New Year’s resolutions and you beat yourself up for it…I feel like there is no happy medium. I tend to beat myself up for not keeping to resolutions, healthy eating habits, or a strict schedule. It’s like if I wander from my list for one minute, then the whole thing is not worth finishing. Does this make sense? I mean I know I have a serious case of OCD, but I feel like ever since the New Year, it has gotten so much worse!
It’s a good thing I have stayed on track with my smoothies. I’m not saying I’m turning into a health nut. That would just be sad for everyone. One of the things I pride myself on is my ability to come up with super comforting and creative recipe. I have never been one to count the calories or watch what I eat, but ever since I turned 30, I feel like I should probably start paying a LITTLE bit of attention. My smoothies are one of the things that has kept me on the straight and narrow, and this strawberry cherry oatmeal smoothie is one of my favorites. Oatmeal is such a great ingredient to add to smoothies. It adds a certain kind of texture and earthy flavor that really compliments the tart fruit.
Do you guys have something that you have a hard time sticking to? Is it a daily to-do list that runs away from you, keeping up with running or hitting the gym a couple days a week, or sticking to a strict diet? I’d like to know! Leave your responses in the comments below! … and give this strawberry cherry oatmeal smoothie a shot! It’s super delicious and freezer-friendly! xoxo
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 2 cups water
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 1/2 cups frozen tart cherries pitted
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a small saucepan, combine the oats and the water. Heat over medium heat, whisking until they become creamy and bubbly. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In the pitcher of a high-powered blender, combine the banana, cherries, strawberries, yogurt, almond milk, honey and cooled oats. Pulse 3-4 times to break up the ingredients and then blend on high speed for about 1 minute or until smooth.
- Serve immediately or pour into an airtight, freezer-safe container to freeze for about 2 months. When you go to defrost, place in the fridge for about 24 hours before serving.