Grilled sweet potatoes with cilantro cream and quick chimichurri is the perfect side dish recipe to celebrate summer.
I am SOOOOO ready to be grilling all the foods. There’s just something so exciting and summery about breaking out the grill for the summer. It has been quite beautiful here. It’s been in the mid 60s. The skies have been blue, and it’s pretty much been perfect. While we still have had a few snow falls here and there, the next day it has melted reminding us that spring in Wyoming is officially here.
I’m celebrating the start of grilling season with these grilled sweet potatoes. If there’s anything I enjoy grilling more than steaks and burgers, vegetables are definitely at the top of that list. Grilling veggies gives them that perfect charred texture and taste, which I just love. It’s also a great way to utilize the grill in different ways, which keeps you out of the kitchen, away from the stove, and outside hanging by the grill.
These grilled sweet potatoes are so simple and cook up rather quickly, but what sets these grilled sweet potatoes apart from the rest are the chimichurri and cilantro cream. The chimichurri has a slight kick but is so refreshing, and the cilantro cream gives it the perfect creamy texture. All three work so well together in this recipe!
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as I enjoyed creating it for you! Pair these potatoes with a brown ale and have a wonderful weekend friends! xo
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
Grilled Sweet Potatoes
- 3 large sweet potatoes cut into 1/4 inch slices lengthwise
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- While your grill is heating up, prepare your chimichurri and cilantro cream. In the bowl of your food processor, combine the parsley, cilantro, garlic, and red onion. Pulse 2-3 times just to break up the ingredients. Add the olive oil, white wine vinegar, and a dash of salt and black pepper. Pulse until the ingredients just come together. Pour the chimichurri into a bowl and stir in the crushed red pepper. Season to taste and set aside.
- Next, prepare your cilantro cream. In a medium bowl, fold together the cilantro, sour cream, mayonnaise, salt and black pepper to taste, garlic powder, and chipotle chili powder until fully combined. Season to taste with additional salt and black pepper and set aside.
- Add the sweet potatoes, a generous amount of salt and black pepper and the olive oil to a large bowl. Toss to coat. Place the sweet potatoes directly on the grill and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through with the perfect scorch or grill marks. Transfer the slices to a platter. Dollop with quick chimichurri and cilantro cream.
- Serve the potatoes immediately with additional chimichurri and cilantro cream on the side. Enjoy!
This post includes affiliate links.
I’m totally ready to start grilling all the things too! These sweet potatoes look amazing – I love that cilantro cream!
I am with you – bring out the grill!! AND don’t forget these crazy amazing sweet potatoes!
OMG that chimichurri looks perfect on those potatoes!
These look so good…I bet they would get eaten up really quickly in our house.
I have a weakness for anything that has cilantro in it! These look great!
I’m ready for grilling season, too! Too bad I’m still wearing my coat. ;) And I never thought of grilled sweet potatoes! I obviously need to make these. Yum!
Oh, I never would have thought to grill sweet potatoes! How clever of you! And that cilantro cream & chimichurri- yum! :)
Big hit with the whole family. Thanks