Mini Lemon Pound Cakes are sweet little cakes that can satisfy just about anyone’s sweet tooth.
There are some reasons I will turn the oven on the summer for. Now, I don’t do it often, and it doesn’t even get all that hot where I live. Mid 80s would be just about the hottest it gets, with the rare 90 degree F day thrown in there once or twice. While this may be true, this still seems pretty warm when you don’t have air conditioning. So, I don’t turn the oven on too often in the summer.
I do turn the oven on when I have the yearning for the baked goods that I would otherwise have in the winter. Pound cake is one of those recipes, and more recently I have become pretty fond of pound cake in the mini version. In my personal opinion, mini desserts are always better. You can wrap them up individually and that keeps them fresher for just a little bit longer.
These mini lemon pound cakes are bursting with flavor. They are drizzled with the most addicting vanilla bean glaze, that I could literally eat with a spoon. They are lightly scented with lemon and are so moist, yet are dense enough not to fall apart.
These mini lemon pound cakes are perfect just about any time of year. Pair them with a farmhouse ale or saison. It will really highlight the lemon flavor! Enjoy!
Mini Lemon Pound CakesPrint Pin Rate
Mini Lemon Pound Cakes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Vanilla Bean Glaze
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- pinch of kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a mini loaf sheet pan with a nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer with paddle attachment fixed, cream together the butter, sour cream, eggs, vanilla bean paste, lemon juice, and lemon zest until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until no dry flour remains.
- Distribute the cake batter evenly among 6 of the loaf indentations. Most mini loaf sheet pans have 8. Make sure to still only fill 6.
- Bake the mini lemon pound cakes for about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan while you prepare your glaze.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the confectioner's sugar, milk, vanilla bean paste, and salt until smooth. Drizzle it on top of the cakes while they are still slightly warm.
- Serve the pound cakes immediately for best results, but will keep for a couple of days if needed. Enjoy!