Goat cheese and honey turkey pinwheels are the perfect bite-sized snack. They are great for game day shindigs, dinner parties, or easy on-the-go lunches!
Well there are officially two weeks left in the football season, and I can’t help but be a little sad about it! This really doesn’t have a whole lot to do with professional football. In fact, I prefer college football if any. This has everything to do with game day parties and all the foooooooood! It gives us an excuse to eat all kinds of delicious finger foods, most of which are not very good for you.
This is why I love these goat cheese and honey turkey pinwheels. Pinwheels are so perfect for get togethers. They are insanely simple to make and keep in the fridge for quite a while. This means you can make your bite-sized treats ahead of time and not have to worry about cooking the day of your party. These pinwheels are a little bit different than what you may traditionally see. They include a mixture of tangy goat cheese, sweet honey, salty bacon, and savory turkey. They actually aren’t terrible for you which also make them perfect for lunch everyday!
I hope you guys enjoy them just as much as we do!
Beer There is a time and place for a pilsner. I don’t often drink them on their own. They are a little light for my taste. ;) That being said, I do enjoy pairing with them. They pair really well with savory items such as bacon, turkey and goat’s cheese. Pilsners are often not too hoppy and many of them can have some incredible flavors. If you are not a huge fan of pilsners, a hefeweizen or a blonde ale would work perfectly for this pairing. That’s the great thing about these pinwheels, you can go a number of different ways in pairing them!
Goat Cheese and Honey Turkey Pinwheels
Goat Cheese and Honey Turkey PinwheelsPrint Pin Rate
- 8 oz room temperature cream cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat's cheese
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced turkey breast chopped
- 6 strips fully-cooked bacon chopped
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 4 spinach wraps
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the pinwheels, except for the wraps. Mix together with a heavy wooden spoon until fully integrated.In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the pinwheels, except for the wraps. Mix together with a heavy wooden spoon until fully integrated.
- Spread the mixture onto each spinach wrap and roll into a log. Wrap each log in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- After an hour, unwrap the wraps and slice into 1-inch pinwheels. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge until you are ready to serve. Enjoy!