Looking for the perfect quick and easy breakfast recipe for your weekend meal prep? This chocolate chip banana bread might be just what you need.
Suggested Beer Pairings
Porter – Most porters have a nice maltiness. This characteristic will pair very well with this bread, and it will bring out it’s sweetness. If you can find a chocolate porter, even better.
Stout – If you are looking for a little bit more robustness, a stout is the way to go. Again, a chocolate stout would be even better, and if you are looking to go a little crazy, a chili stout might just work.
This bread will work with a wide range of beer pairings, but when it comes down to it, the maltier the better.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Banana bread is the perfect dessert or breakfast on-the-go recipe. Make it the weekend before the work/school week begins, throw in some chocolate chips, and you have the perfect quick snack. This banana bread is pretty straight forward, except that in this recipe, we decided to throw in some chocolatey-goodness. Even cooler, this entire recipe is mixed in one bowl — inevitably eliminating the amount of dishes you have to clean up. Simply mix mashed banana, brown sugar, melted butter, chocolate chips, ground cinnamon, and the baking essentials of: eggs, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Pour that mix in a lightly-greased bread pan and bake for an hour. That’s literally all it takes.
Looking to lighten things up a bit? Simply substitute the melted butter with coconut oil.>
Are you looking for more great bread recipes on Cooking and Beer? Well, we have a ton of them! Check out some of my favorite bread recipes!
- 3 medium-sized bananas ripe
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- nonstick spray
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and spray a standard bread pan with nonstick spray. Line the pan with a parchment paper sling. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana with the brown sugar. Add the butter, eggs, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine. Next, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir until combined. It's OK if the batter is lumpy. Stir in the chocolate chips, and then pour into the prepared bread pan.
- Bake the bread at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes – 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan and cooling completely at room temperature. Slice and serve with butter!
- The banana bread will stay fresh at room temperature for 3-4 days.
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, and be sure to tag us if you make/made this dish!