Bacon chicken ranch bagel bites are the perfect back to school snack!
Bacon Chicken Ranch Bagel Bites
Believe it or not back to school is right around the corner. The summer goes by so fast. It’s crazy. With kids heading back to school, easy, quick, and delicious recipes are just part of the process. These bacon chicken ranch bagel bites will be the perfect addition to that ever-growing list of recipes. These bagel bites only require a handful of ingredients: chicken, bacon, and ranch to name a few, and it only requires about 15 minutes of total prep and cook time. Keep in mind that this recipe does require leftover chicken and crumbled cooked bacon, so if you don’t already have these things on hand, cook time will be just a little longer. Make these bacon chicken ranch bagel bites, and check out some FAQs below!
What will I need to make this recipe?
4 mini bagels
1 cup leftover chopped or shredded chicken
1/2 cup store-bought ranch dressing
1/2 cup fully-cooked chopped bacon
1 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
GARNISH: parsley and sea salt
Can I make these bagel bites ahead of time?
I actually think that these bagel bites reheat really well in the oven (kind of like pizza!). If you want to make in advance or just have a few leftover, simply wrap them in foil and refrigerate. When you are ready to eat, either eat cold or warm in the oven (400 degrees F) should do it. I like to open up the foil, but you can also just leave them completely closed up for extra melty goodness.
Bacon Chicken Ranch Bagel Bites
Is there a good chicken recipe to reference for these bagel bites if I don’t have leftover chicken on hand?
I like to use either baked chicken breast or Instant Pot chicken breast for this recipe if I don’t have leftover chicken on hand. Simply season with salt and black pepper (throw some ranch seasoning into the mix if you wish). Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through, or cook in your instant pot via manufacturer’s instructions. It usually take me about 15 minutes of pressurized cook time with a quick release at 7220ft. Let cool slightly and then shred with two forks!
Why not use pre-shredded bagged mozzarella cheese?
You can certainly use bagged mozzarella cheese if you are in a time crunch (which most of us are)! You’re not going to kill the flavor if you decide to go this route. It tastes exactly the same. I like to grate my own cheese because I like the way it melts better than the bagged stuff, but again, the choice is yours!
Are you looking for more great snack and appetizer recipes on Cooking and Beer? Well, we have a ton of them! Check out some of my favorite snack recipes!
- 4 mini bagels sliced in half length-wise
- 1 cup leftover chopped or shredded chicken rotisserie chicken works well for this recipe
- 1/2 cup store-bought ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup fully-cooked chopped bacon
- 1 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese not from a bag if you can help it
- GARNISH: parsley and sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- To the baking sheet, add the bagels, cut-side up. Spread a little bit of ranch dressing on the bottom and then top with layers of chicken, bacon, and cheese (dividing evenly among the 8 bagel halves).
- Place the bagels in the oven and bake for 7-10 minutes or until melty, warm, and toasted. Enjoy immediately, garnished with parsley and sea salt if desired! Serve with extra ranch dressing for dipping on the side.
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, and be sure to tag us if you make this dish!