Spring Chicken Salad Sandwiches with Lentils and Spicy Honey Mayo
Cook time reflects time to cook chicken and lentils.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time1 hr
Servings: 6 -8
- 2/3 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoon chili garlic sauce I used Huy Fong
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound fully-cooked boneless and skinless chicken breast diced small or shredded
- 1 celery stalk diced small
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1 cup green lentils cooked per manufacturer's instructions
- 3/4 cup roasted and chopped cashews
- 2 tablespoons green onions sliced
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 4 ounces goat's cheese
- sandwich rolls lettuce wraps or wraps
In a large bowl, whisk together the mayo, chili garlic sauce, honey, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Adjust seasoning to taste and add chili garlic sauce, honey or more mayo where desired.
To the bowl with the dressing, add the chicken, celery, peas, lentils, cashews and green onions. Fold the ingredients together until combined. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Assemble your chicken salad sandwiches on top of beds of lettuce, sandwich rolls, wraps or lettuce wraps. Top with fresh baby arugula and goat's cheese.
The chicken salad with store for 2-3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.