Avocado Ranch Chicken Salad Lettuce Cups
Cooking Time: The amount of time you will need to cook the chicken and bacon, which is not provided in the instructions below. Store-bought rotisserie chicken may be substituted.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 12 lettuce cups
- 1/2 of an avocado pitted and peeled
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- salt and black pepper
Chicken Salad Lettuce Cups
- 6 slices of bacon cooked until crisp and chopped
- 2 fully-cooked boneless and skinless chicken breasts shredded or chopped small
- 1 pint heirloom cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 green onions white and green parts sliced thin
- 1 avocado peeled and pitted, diced
- 1 large head Boston lettuce Bibb or something similar may be substituted
In the pitcher of your blender, add the avocado, sour cream, mayo, buttermilk, dill, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper. Blend on medium-high for about a minute or until the mixture comes together and is creamy. Set aside.
In a large bowl, add the avocado ranch dressing, bacon, chicken, tomatoes and green onions. Fold the ingredients together until they just come together. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Very gently fold in the avocado, making sure not to smash them into the chicken salad.
Scoop the chicken salad onto the Boston lettuce. Wrap them up and eat immediately! Enjoy!