I have a super special treat for you guys today, and it comes in the form of gnocchi that has been baked in 6 pounds of cheese. Ha! Just kidding, 6 pounds is going a little overboard, even for me, whose obsession with cheese has reached all new heights with this recipe. So I love gnocchi. I love homemade gnocchi even more, but you know what I don’t love? … Yup that’s right, I don’t love making homemade gnocchi. Oh sure, once every six months I can handle. There’s just something about rolling those little potato balls that can really ease some of my anger issues, but only every 6 months, unless you want to witness distempered Justine. No one wants that…trust me. Ask Zach…he’ll tell you. This recipe requires little work, time and effort. Three attributes that make my world go round. Chicken alfredo gnocchi bake is the way to go as temperatures start to drop.
So this recipe is exactly like it sounds. It’s like chicken alfredo and gnocchi joined hands, hopped into a casserole dish and covered themselves in bacon and cheese.
That about sums it up. It’s a super duper easy recipe for a weeknight and will feed 8 of your children. Seriously, if you have 8 kids…this will feed all of them…
Have a great evening everyone! Here’s the recipe!
Chicken Alfredo Gnocchi Bake with BaconPrint Pin Rate
For the Alfredo Sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 4 cloves of garlic finely minced
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces parmesan cheese grated
- 2 egg yolks beaten
- salt and black pepper
For the Gnocchi Bake
- 16 ounces store-bought gnocchi
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups boneless and skinless chicken breast cooked through and shredded
- 6 ounces parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped (plus extra for garnish)
- 6 ounces fontina cheese grated
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese grated
- 4 strips of bacon cooked until crisp and chopped
- shaved parmesan for garnish
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the cream cheese, garlic, milk and heavy cream. Whisk the ingredients until smooth. Bring the mixture to a simmer, as you continue to whisk. Turn off the heat, and whisk in the parmesan cheese. Add a tablespoon of the alfredo to the beaten eggs and whisk vigorously. Now add the eggs to the saucepan, whisking vigorously the entire time so that the eggs do not scramble. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and spray a large baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Cook the gnocchi according to it's package's instructions. Drain and set aside.
- To a large bowl, add the alfredo sauce, sour cream, ricotta cheese, chicken breast, parmesan cheese, parsley and gnocchi. Fold the ingredients together until combined.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared baking dish. Sprinkle fontina and mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until warmed through and the cheese is melty and bubbly.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle bacon, parsley and shaved parmesan on top. Serve immediately and enjoy!