How was everyone’s long weekend?! I hope each day was better than the last! We had a great weekend, which ended with a nice and relaxing evening last night. We have been really busy lately. Not sure if you have noticed, but I haven’t been posting as much as I usually do. Not only was I going through some serious foodie mental block, but we have had visitor after visitor after visitor for the past month. It’s been so fun, and we have enjoyed every minute of it, but now it’s time for a week-long detox. I promise you I’m back for a good while now, and I’m so excited to be sharing some new recipes that I have currently hiding up my sleeve. We have a new site design release coming soon (which I have been DYING to publish), and some great giveaways to hand out as well! Stay tuned! Let’s start with these blueberry chocolate chip muffins. They are quick and delicious and super duper moist. They are coated in a delicious honey glaze, and they are the perfect on-the-go snack. Each little bite is better than the last.
Beer: Epic Brewing’s Big Bad Baptist Imperial Stout
Brewed By: Epic Brewing
Style: Imperial Stout
Description: I find it sad that I first had the chance to try this imperial stout just a few weeks ago. I’m usually more on top of my game! Either way, it doesn’t matter because this beer is just delicious. Each batch is different in that it is brewed with a different roast of coffee. Also, the ABV tends to fluctuate in each batch making each batch more exciting the last. It’s roasty, chocolatey and heavy in coffee aroma in taste. It is perfect for desserts and other sweet treats. It’s a great after dinner sipping beer, and it packs so much flavor that you want to keep going back for more! It really enhances the flavors of the blueberries and chocolate in these muffins. This beer is a must-try, so if you can, I highly recommend buying a bottle!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries or thawed frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 12-count muffin tin with a non-stick spray (or line with paper liners). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the sugar, buttermilk, butter, egg and vanilla extract until smooth. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and fold together until just moistened. Do not overmix.
- Very gently fold in the blueberries and chocolate chips. Be careful when folding in the blueberries. If you mix them too much, they will bleed into the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin tin molds. Bake at 350 degrees F for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the tops are slightly brown.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let cool in the pan.
- While the muffins are cooling, prepare your glaze. In a small bowl, whisk together the confectioner's sugar, honey and heavy cream until smooth. Add the mixture, along with the butter to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until the mixture is bubbly. Remove from heat and immediately drizzle the glaze over top of the muffins.
- Store in an airtight container for 3-4 days. Enjoy!