Buffalo chicken and hot dogs collide in this super fun recipe for a barbecue!
This recipe. You guys. You are sooooo welcome. There is little more I love in this world than the flavors of buffalo chicken, celery and blue cheese. The problem is that I might fall over if I ate chicken wings every day of my life. Probably NOT the healthiest thing for a person to consume on a daily basis. In recognition of Memorial Day being this upcoming weekend, I thought this recipe was 100% necessary to publish. It combines everything that’s perfect in a buffalo wing, minus the wing. It’s the perfect spin on a classic picnic food, and it’s simple too! The sauce is a mixture of greek yogurt, Neufchâtel cheese and hot sauce. I know, right? Absolute perfection. I hope everyone is super excited for the long weekend ahead. Do you guys have anything exciting going on? We are having a little beer tasting get together this Friday night, but plan on taking it easy for the rest of the weekend. I’m not upset about this. I’m actually looking quite forward to it!
Lighter Buffalo Chicken Hot DogsPrint Pin Rate
- asdfa1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 ounces Neufchâtel cheese
- 1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce - Wings divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 chicken dogs
- 10 whole wheat hot dog buns warm
- 1 cup romaine lettuce chopped into strips
- 3 green onions sliced (white and green parts)
- 2 celery stalks diced small
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the greek yogurt, Neufchâtel cheese, 1/4 cup Frank's, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Grill your chicken dogs for about 7-8 minutes on each side or until they are warm and have perfect grill marks.
- Dip each chicken dog into the remaining 1/4 cup of Frank's sauce.
- Assemble your chicken dogs by layering romaine lettuce on the bottom of the bun, followed by the chicken dog, green onions, celery, and blue cheese. Drizzle the yogurt sauce over top, and serve hot. Enjoy!