As most of you already know, I don’t post salads very often, and if you haven’t already noticed I’ve been on kind of a junk food kick lately. I blame the football season. It’s seriously a mecca for all things bad for you. This salad is totally different though. I could take or leave brussels sprouts. I generally go for them when they are cooked. I’m not much of a raw fan, but when they are shaved…raw is the only way to go. My favorite salad lately is this shaved brussels sprouts salad. It is loaded with all kinds of scrumptious, healthy goodies and is super addicting and good for you!
My latest obsession (I know … there are a lot of them) is Trader Joes’ Pumpkin Cornbread Croutons. They are seriously the most addicting thing ever, and go perfectly with fall-inspired salads.
I totally know what you are thinking. This salad isn’t quite fall-like, but these croutons totally send it into autumn. They are crunchy and savory, but have a just a hint of sweetness from the pumpkin spice. They are the crunch you need in a salad that’s full of one kind of textural note.
It’s the perfect side dish, but is also great for dinner topped with chicken or steak!
- 1 pound brussels sprouts shaved or chopped using a mandolin
- 5 strips of bacon cooked until crisp and chopped
- 2 cups of grapes halved
- 1 cup corn roasted
- 8 ounces goat's cheese crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups Pumpkin Cornbread Croutons can be found at Trader Joe's
- dressing of choice I used a creamy vidalia onion dressing
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Drizzle with your favorite dressing and serve immediately.