I’m totally in love with these slow cooker pineapple meatballs today. Actually, I’m totally in love with these slow cooker pineapple meatballs EVERY day! I originally wasn’t going to publish this recipe. When I made these meatballs, I took the first bite, and decided that I HAD to share the recipe with you guys. I snapped a few photos (I apologize for their sloppiness…it was spur of the moment (; …) and here we are. I usually test out a recipe a couple of times before I actually publish it. This was the first time I made these slow cooker pineapple meatballs, and I just couldn’t get over how good they came out! Perfect for a quick weeknight meal, served over rice, or served by themselves for a game day appetizer, these slow cooker pineapple meatballs are full of flavor and perfectly addicting.
Happy Wednesday guys! Are we happy that half of the week is over? As many of you already know, I have been battling an annoying sickness that just doesn’t seem to want to go away. I thought I was good to go a couple of days ago, and then boom…it was back. I HATE feeling this way. There are things to do, places to go and cookies to bake! I feel like I am constantly moving at a snail’s pace, when all I want to do is sleep. I partially blame the cold and the snow. It has literally been snowing for 3 days straight, and I think there is a forecasted low of -15 degrees F tonight. How fun does that sound?!
There is something comfy and cozy about being trapped indoors for a couple of days, so I can’t really complain TOO much, especially when I’m trapped inside with these sweet and spicy slow cooker pineapple meatballs.
I love that these meatballs are so versatile. I have eaten them a number of ways over the past few days. By themselves, over rice and in a hoagie roll. You pop them in the slow cooker in the morning and let them simmer all day.
Recipe for these slow cooker pineapple meatballs and a delish beer pairing are below! Check it out and have a wonderful evening!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 large egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped (plus extra for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 3/4 cups soy sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic pressed through a garlic press
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon red chile paste
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, ground pork, bread crumbs, eggs, milk, cilantro, soy sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and black pepper. Mix thoroughly with your hands or a heavy wooden spoon until combined. Form the mixture into 1 tablespoon-sized balls. Place in the slow cooker, situating them in an even layer.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, pineapple, soy sauce, garlic, rice wine vinegar, mirin, red chile paste, cayenne pepper, onion powder, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Pour the sauce over top of the meatballs. Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
- When finished cooking, sprinkle with fresh cilantro and toasted sesame seeds. Serve as an appetizer or over rice for a quick dinner!