Paired with a Pale Ale
I’m making Wednesday night pizza night this week because I just couldn’t wait until Friday to share this recipe for green goddess pizza with you guys. I seriously crave pizza sometimes. Actually, I take that back. I crave pizza like all the time. I know when I haven’t had pizza for a while because I start to have withdrawals from carbs, gooey cheese and rich sauce.
While a traditional Margherita pizza is one of my favorite styles of pizza, I am always looking for new ways to reinvent the wheel. In this case, the wheel is pizza.
What is so great about making pizza at home is that it’s a blank vessel to put your mark on. You can easily make a homemade pizza with ingredients you find right inside your pantry or refrigerator. While I love the art of making homemade pizza dough, sometimes it’s just not feasible. There are some really amazing store-bought pizza doughs out there and most supermarkets sell it in the prepared section of the store. The ingredients I used in this green goddess pizza recipe are some of our pantry staples. I always have fresh arugula, avocados, mozzarella cheese and broccoli on hand.
The newest addition to my pantry line-up is the new avocado ranch dressing from Hidden Valley. I always have a stock pile of salad dressings and condiments, and as many of you already know I’m obsessed with ranch. I don’t know how they do it, but the avocado flavor really shines through in this ranch while still maintaining the integrity of a traditional ranch. It is soooo good, you guys.
Make sure you head over to your local Kroger or Kroger banner store and pick up one of the new Hidden Valley Ranch dressings! In addition to this green goddess pizza, you can head over to Hidden Valley’s website to find some other great recipes utilizing some of these amazing products!
So tell me? What’s your ranch? Click here for a coupon!
Pair this green goddess pizza with a pale ale and have a wonderful day everyone! xo
- corn meal for dusting
- 1 pound store-bought or homemade pizza dough
- 1 cup Hidden Valley Avocado Ranch
- 1 head of broccoli cut into florets
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese grated
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella sliced
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 large avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- Preheat your oven to 475 degrees F and if you are using a pizza stone, place it in the oven.
- On a pizza peel (or a large baking sheet if you are using one), sprinkle a layer of corn meal. Cut your dough into 2 (for larger pizzas) or 3 (for smaller pizzas) equal-sized portions. Form each portion of the dough into a circular shape, stretching and shaping where necessary. You may need to bake each pizza separately, so start with one and then go from there.
- Divide the avocado ranch evenly among each pizza and spread with the back of a spoon to coat. Distribute the broccoli evenly onto each pizza and then cover with grated mozzarella cheese. Top with fresh mozzarella slices.
- Place the pizza in the oven and bake for 7-10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and brown and the edges of the dough are also brown. Remove from oven and let sit at room temperature for approximately 4 minutes before serving. Top with fresh arugula and avocado slices.
- Serve and enjoy!
Look at this pizza – it is gorgeous! I’m making one right now, but will be tying your recipe soon! And that avocado ranch sounds delicious! Pinned!
Enjoy your pizza, Mira! Thanks for the pin! ;)
Wow! What a delicious spin on pizza, Justine!! Your photos are beautiful and I bet my family would love that avocado dressing. Now you have ME craving pizza. :) Pinned!
Haha, thanks for the pin, Blair!
Gosh, this pizza looks so good! So much green goodness and the addition of the ranch dressing just tops it all off!
Thanks, Ashley! xo
I could eat pizza just about every day and this one looks gorgeous, Justine! I keep eyeing that avocado ranch whenever I go grocery shopping since I’m an avocado freak! Now I definitely need to get it so that I can make this pizza. Love it! And pinned!
It is so good! Thanks so much for the pin, Gayle!
I am SOO making this! Looks so good!
This looks delicious! What a unique spin on using Hidden Valley Avocado Ranch, clever and tasty I am sure! #client
Thank you so much, Emily!
Hahaha, we all have our vices. ;) Thanks so much pretty lady.
That sounds like a great way to tackle pizza night, Kelly! Love it!
Hehe thanks Meggan! <3 You're the best!