Paired with a Blonde Ale
I’m definitely one of those people that eats with my eyes first. Can you guys relate to this? I feel like I’m constantly judging a book by it’s cover and this happens to be the case in almost every scenario in my life. I even do it when I’m grocery shopping. If I see something thats “pretty,” I just have to have it.
These are exactly the thoughts that were running through my mind when I bought the fingerling potatoes for this grilled fingerling potato salad with vegan chia seed ranch dressing. I had to have these potatoes. HAD TO. What is so great about these potatoes however, is that they taste even better than they look. I love when this happens. ;) They are my favorite potato to grill and literally taste like summer after they’ve been tossed with fresh green onions and jalapeños.
My absolute favorite part of this recipe though is this the vegan chia seed ranch dressing. I am definitely ranch obsessed. I love ranch on almost anything and everything: french fries, burgers, salads, sandwiches…you get the point, but ranch dressing isn’t the greatest thing in the world for you. I usually make it myself so that I can cut down on the bad stuff. This chia seed ranch dressing is the perfect alternative. It is so easy to make and so delicious too! I highly recommend it if you are looking for a great alternative to traditional ranch dressing.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe for grilled fingerling potato salad with chia seed ranch dressing! I’ve teamed up with some special other bloggers to share some of our favorite picnic potluck recipes. Check them out below and have a wonderful day everyone! xo
Chia Seed Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayo
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
Grilled Fingerling Potato Salad
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes rinsed and cut in half
- salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 jalapeños sliced
- Cover the cashews with water and let soak for 30 minutes to soften them up. Once softened, add them to a high powered blender along with the sunflower seeds, mayo, water, lemon juice, parsley, dill, dijon mustard, garlic powder, and salt. Blend on high for 3-4 minutes or until completely smooth. This time will vary on how powerful your blender is. Stir in the chia seeds and then transfer to an airtight container. Refrigerate until you are ready to use.
- Add the potatoes to a large stock pot. Cover with water and season with salt. Bring the potatoes to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Remove from heat and drain. Set aside.
- Preheat your grill or grill pan over high heat. Brush the potatoes with olive oil and season generously with salt and black pepper. Grill the potatoes on each side until slightly charred, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from heat.
- Toss the potatoes with green onions and jalapeños. Drizzle with the chia seed ranch dressing and enjoy immediately or refrigerate for about 2 hours and serve cold.