Paired with a Summer Ale or Belgian-Style Wheat Ale
Happy Thursday, friends! I’m pretty excited that summer is upon us, and this is for one reason and one reason alone … Hot Dogs! If you know me at all, you will know that I love hot dogs. I know. It’s totally weird. I may have mentioned before that all I do when I’m running is think about food, and one of the number one foods I think about is hot dogs.
I swear it.
I think it might be because normally on an everyday run, someone somewhere is grilling hot dogs. I’m super excited to be sharing this recipe for hot dogs with chipotle cheese sauce and bacon-corn relish with you today. I’m kind of obsessed with them, and it will most likely only be the first of like a million hot dog recipes I plan on sharing this summer. I think you should get excited. I’m pretty darn excited. :)
These hot dogs are fairly simple. The chipotle cheese sauce is not the stuff you find in the jar on the shelves of your grocery store. This sauce is homemade and just as delicious. The bacon-corn relish is absolutely my favorite part of this recipe. A simple blend of crispy bacon, corn, red onion and cilantro is tossed together to produce the most savory concoction. Throw this relish on top of a perfectly grilled hot dog and then drizzle it with the addicting chipotle cheese sauce.
You will want fourths. Trust me.
And now for the most IMPORTANT part of today’s post: the giveaway! I’ve come together with a few of my special blogger friends to give away a SABER Cast 500 Grill that’s worth a retail of $1140.00.
The SABER line includes eight premium infrared gas grills priced from $799 to $1,699, as well as a full line of outdoor kitchen components and grilling tools/accessories for the ultimate outdoor grilling area.
At the heart of all SABER grills is an infrared cooking system that uses 30% less gas than traditional gas grills, has a wide temperature range for slow roasting or searing, and a rapid pre-heat cycle of 0 to 700 degrees in less than 10 minutes. The cooking surfaces are made of highly durable commercial grade 304 stainless steel that generate even, uniform heat across the entire surface (no more hot or cold spots) which as a result keeps your food juicier! No one wants a dry steak. ;) The 304 stainless steel cart and firebox frames are welded for superior strength and easy assembly.
Details to enter are below, so make sure that you do!
Along with the giveaway, you can find the recipe for these hot dogs with chipotle cheese sauce and bacon-corn relish below! Pair them with a summer ale or Belgian-style wheat ale! Have a wonderful day everyone, and I’ll talk to you all tomorrow!
Sriracha Beer Glazed Chicken Skewers
Grilled Sticky Turkey Legs
Slow Smoked Raspberry Chipotle Ribs
Jalapeno Lime Chicken Fajitas
Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
Grilled BBQ Ribs
Hibachi Steak with Grilled Wasabi Potatoes
Hot Dogs with Chipotle Cheese Sauce and Bacon-Corn Relish
Bacon Burgers with Bourbon Caramelized Onions and Goat Cheese
Grilled Loaded Nacho Fries
Interested in purchasing a SABER Grill? Click here to find a SABER retailer near you or visit one of the many online SABER retailers
Hot Dogs with Chipotle Cheese Sauce and Bacon-Corn RelishPrint Pin Rate
Chipotle Cheese Sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces canned diced green chiles
- 6 ounces canned petite diced tomatoes drained
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce chopped
- 2 tablespoons tabasco or other hot sauce
- salt and black pepper
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn thawed
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 8 all-beef hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns lightly toasted
- Assorted Toppings: Bacon-Corn Relish Chipotle Cheese Sauce, Ketchup, Mustard, Dill Pickle Relish, etc.
Chipotle Cheese Sauce
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk until golden, about 1 minute. Whisk in the milk and continue to cook until slightly thickened about 5-6 minutes. In 1/4 cup increments, add the cheddar cheese to the milk. Make sure each batch is completely melted before adding the next. Once the entire cup of cheese has been added and melted, stir in the green chiles, tomatoes, chipotle pepper and hot sauce. Season with salt and black pepper if necessary. Keep warm on the stove while you prepare your other ingredients
- In a large non-stick skillet, add the bacon. Cook over medium heat, until almost crispy. Add the red onion, corn, and a dash of salt and black pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes or veggies are tender and the bacon is completely crisp. Stir in the cilantro and adjust seasoning to taste. Set aside until you are ready to assemble your hot dogs.
- Preheat your grill or grill pan over medium high heat. Add your hot dogs and grill for about 8 minutes, turning them every 2 minutes or so. Once you have the perfect grill marks and the hot dogs are warmed through, remove from heat.
- Assemble your hot dogs by placing a grilled hot dog on top of a lightly toasted hot dog bun. Top with a drizzle of chipotle cheese sauce and bacon-corn relish. Enjoy immediately!