Paired with a Stout
Hi there! How is everyone doing today??
As I was looking back through the old Cooking and Beer archives, I realized that I have very rarely shared a steak recipe, and if I have, it has been second to the main attraction; like these Philly Cheesesteak Sliders or this Grilled Steak Salad with Capellini and Melon. Now, don’t get me wrong, both of these dishes are amazing. I still make the Philly cheesesteak sliders for football parties. They are seriously the perfect little snack, but I think it was time to post a traditional steak recipe. Don’t you?
Zach loves steak. Heck, I love steak, but not as much as Zach loves steak. Whenever I tell him that’s what we are having for dinner, he gets extremely giddy. Don’t tell him I told you that though. ;) I think it’s partly because he likes to do the grilling. He is usually our steak chef around here.
This recipe is super simple you guys, and with a good month left of summer, we are still in prime steak grilling season. This recipe is pretty traditional, but it’s so packed full of flavor, you would never know it!
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe for grilled ribeye steak with herb butter and creamy mushrooms. It’s one of our favorite weekend dishes! Pair it with a stout, which will go perfectly with the beef and mushrooms. Have a wonderful day everyone! xo
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup mixture of chopped chives thyme, oregano, parsley and marjoram
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces sliced crimini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- salt and black pepper
Grilled Ribeye Steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 10-12 ounces boneless ribeye steaks
- sea salt and black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the ingredients for the herb butter. Transfer to a large piece of plastic wrap and wrap the butter tightly, forming it into a log shape. Wrap with foil and place in the fridge to chill.
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Stir in the flour and cook for an additional 2 minutes until golden. Whisk in the beef broth and heavy cream. Continue to whisk until the sauce begins to thicken and there are no flour clumps remaining. Stir in the parsley, thyme, and salt and black pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer and cook for an additional 5 minutes (more time as needed) until extremely thick. Reduce the heat to low, cover and keep the mushrooms warm while you prepare your steak.
Grilled Ribeye Steak
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush with olive oil.
- Season the ribeye steaks generously with sea salt and black pepper, and then grill on both sides to your liking. I grilled the steaks for about 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Use a meat thermometer if you are unsure. Remove from heat and let rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Serve the grilled ribeye steaks with herb butter and creamy mushrooms. Enjoy!
Damn, this is one cool looking stake! My boyfriend would love this recipe!
Thank you so much!
Oh that looks amazing Justine! I am definitely trying that soon, love steak and mushrooms! Pinned!
Thanks so much girly!
Loving the herbed butter and creamy mushrooms! :)
Oh, this…this is heaven on a plate. I ❤️ steak and mushrooms together, and that creamy sauce looks like it’s to die for!
Thanks so much, Mary!
omg this was amazing and super simple to make thank you so much !