Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Dip: a quick, refreshing and delicious appetizer recipe that’s perfect for your next gameday party!
It took me years to jump on the roasted red pepper bandwagon. Seriously you guys, YEARS! In all honesty, it took me YEARS to even look at a pepper without disgust. When I finally developed a taste for peppers, it was like the heavens opened up and all was right in the world. I am still picky when it comes to the type of pepper, but I have developed quite the obsession with red bell peppers…especially when they have been charred and roasted to blackened perfection.
What is better than roasted red peppers all by themselves? When they are pulverized in a delicious and addicting dip…that’s what. Peppers are the perfect dip ingredients. They add the perfect amount of texture and flavor, and what’s better you can add all different kinds of peppers for a melody of flavors!
This spicy roasted red pepper dip for example is one of my favorite pepper dips. I love it because it adds some spice into the mix. While red peppers have a certain flavor, they don’t pack the heat like say a jalapeno or habanero. I may or may not have thrown both into this recipe at one point. The heat is what sets this roasted red pepper dip apart from the rest, and cucumber slices are the ingredient to aid in cooling everything down!
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe for spicy roasted red pepper dip as much as I enjoyed creating it for you. Pair it with an IPA! An IPA will really tone down the spiciness and highlight the flavor of the red pepper! Enjoy!
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt plain
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 Roma tomato seeds removed
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeds and stem removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup jarred roasted red peppers drained
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves coarsely chopped
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ? teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ? teaspoon ground cumin
- For serving: sliced cucumbers store-bought crackers.
- To the pitcher of your blender or bowl of your food processor add all of the ingredients except for the cucumber and crackers.
- Blend on high for about 5 minutes until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Stop after two minutes to scrape down the sides of the bowl. You may need to do this a few more times
- Serve with sliced cucumber and crackers.
This looks addictive! Pinning :)
Thanks for the pin, Medha!
It’s good you didn’t write much because all I can do is stare at that picture. All that light! I just can’t figure out lighting.
And this dip looks amazing! I’ll have to go check out the recipe.
Thank you so much, Erin! I’m so happy that you like the photo. I’ve been struggling with the lighting in my temporary living situation so that means a lot coming from you! … and I never write enough. ;) … P.S. I think your photos are beautiful.
Loving this spicy pepper dip! I could eat the whole bowl!
Aw, thank you so much lady!