Creamy Beer Cheese Gnocchi Soup is a creamy and comforting soup that’s topped with bacon and loaded with cheese!
This post is sponsored by OXO. All opinions are my own.
A classic beer cheese soup is made with the essentials, but the addition of gnocchi sends it over the top. Asiago cheese separates this beer cheese soup apart from others giving it a salty kick that really compliments the white cheddar. This creamy beer cheese gnocchi soup is a must-make for your next get together or gameday party!
I couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate Friday than with this creamy beer cheese gnocchi soup. Yup, you read that correctly. Beer…cheese…gnocchi…soup.
How could that collection of words possibly be bad? I love myself a good bowl of beer cheese soup. I make it frequently, especially this time of year…and especially with football season at its height. This soup is sure to please even the pickiest of guests you guys, because how can you go wrong with beer, cheese and gnocchi!?
If you guys haven’t noticed, I’m kind of obsessed with beer cheese soup. I mean there is this buffalo chicken version that I think I have made 12 times this year and then there’s this pale ale beer cheese soup that’s for all my hop lovers out there. Both are amazing in their own special ways. But this creamy beer cheese gnocchi soup is like nothing I’ve ever made, and in my personal opinion, is my favorite version yet!
What I also love about this soup, is that I got to use my new OXO Illuminating Digital Immersion Blender for the first time. I have been waiting for a good immersion blender to hit the shelves for a good while now. I’ve always been hesitant to buy one and have resorted to just using a standard blender. You guys, my life has officially changed. How have I lived without an immersion blender for so long? This one LIGHTS UP! It is all digital and it’s everything I have ever dreamed an immersion blender could be.
I hope you guys enjoy the creamy beer cheese gnocchi soup. Cook and pair it with a pilsner. You will want to avoid hoppier beers for making this soup, unless you really enjoy that bitterness in your beer cheese soup. I know that many people aren’t really into it. Have a wonderful weekend friends, and make this soup this weekend! xoxo
Creamy Beer Cheese Gnocchi SoupPrint Pin Rate
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 3 stalks of celery chopped
- 3 large carrots peeled and chopped
- salt and black pepper
- 2 large russet potatoes peeled and cut int0 1-inch pieces
- 6 ounces Pilsner beer
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1 package store-bought gnocchi cooked per manufacturer's instructions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 strips of fully-cooked bacon chopped
- Melt the butter in a large dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrots. Cook until the vegetables are tender, about 12 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper. Add the beer and stir. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Turn off the heat.
- Taking your OXO Digital Immersion Blender, blend the soup until smooth and creamy.
- Turn the heat back on to medium heat and stir in the half and half, heavy cream, cheddar and asiago cheeses. Stir until the cheese has fully melted, and then remove from heat.
- Stir in the gnocchi and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve the soup garnished with fresh parsley and bacon. Enjoy!