Egg crepes with whipped ricotta are the perfect recipe for breakfast, brunch or a light dinner!
A mixture of eggs, milk and fresh herbs make up the mixture for these egg crepes. After they are cooked crepe-style, they are stuffed with a super creamy whipped ricotta filling that’s loaded with lemony flavor. These egg crepes with whipped ricotta are a must-make for a comforting, yet lighter meal!
As I get physically (and mentally) ready for spring and summer, I have staying fit and eating lighter foods on the brain. Zach and I have a full travel schedule for most of the spring and summer months, so being able to fit into my clothing from last summer is a must. This is why I am absolutely in love with lighter meals this time of year. These egg crepes with whipped ricotta are a perfect example. Zach and I make crepes all the time, and it wasn’t until just recently that we started making egg crepes. I personally think that they are easier to make than your traditional doughy crepe. It’s one of those techniques that may be difficult to grasp on your first try. The first crepe may even come out a little ugly, and this is OK! Practice makes perfect in the case of making crepes and once you have it, it’s like riding a bike, you never forget it.
Eggs are a perfect way to add good-for-you nutrients into your daily routine. We are crazy about eggs around here, and there are so many great ways to prepare them! For these egg crepes with whipped ricotta, look no further than your local supermarket. Eggland’s Best eggs are the perfect eggs for this recipe. They have ten times more Vitamin E, more than double the Omega-3, and four times more Vitamin D than ordinary eggs. How can you beat that?!
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as we do! You can find the recipe below! Add it to your menu plans ASAP, and have a fabulous day!
WHIPPED RICOTTA FILLING
- 2 ounces lightened cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 8 Eggland’s Best eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil more as needed
- First, prepare your whipped ricotta filling. To the bowl of your stand mixer (with whisk attachment fixed), combine the cream cheese, ricotta cheese, and whole milk. Beat on medium speed for about 3-4 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and gently fold in the honey, olive oil, lemon zest, sea salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Next, prepare your egg crepes. In a medium bowl, whisk together the Eggland’s Best eggs, milk, thyme, oregano, parsley, chives and a pinch of salt and black pepper until combined.
- Heat the olive oil in a 10-12 inch nonstick omelet pan or skillet over medium heat. Scoop about 1/4 cup of the egg mixture from the bowl and pour it into the pan. Swirl the pan around so that the eggs form an even layer. The edges will cook before the middle does. As the edges set, tip the pan and swirl again. Once the eggs have set, about 1-2 minutes, remove immediately from the pan by sliding it gently onto a plate. This process will happen quickly, so pay close attention that you don’t overcook the eggs. Repeat with the remaining eggs to make 4 total egg crepes. Add more oil as needed.
- Take 1/4 cup of the whipped ricotta filling and spread it onto 1/2 of a crepe. Fold the crepe once over the filling, and then fold it again to form a fan shape. Repeat this step on the remaining 3 crepes.
- Serve the crepes immediately. Sprinkle with fresh parsley or serve with fresh greens if desired. Enjoy!