With just a handful of ingredients, you can have fried corn fritters in less than 30 minutes! These corn fritters are the perfect appetizer.
As I began writing the post for today, I kept coming back to the idea that these corn fritters would be perfect for football season, but since we are months away from that starting and I couldn’t wait another second to share them, I’m thinking they would be great for a summer soiree also!
I know. I know. These corn fritters require frying oil. This is not something I am fond of doing in the middle of the summer. With that being said, corn is pretty amazing during the months of July and August. I think this fact outweighs the other fact, so yay for sharing fried food in July!
If you haven’t noticed, I can’t get enough of corn this year. I have literally shared almost 10 recipes this spring and summer alone that include corn in some way, shape, or form. Corn fritters are just one of those recipes that I always order when I see them on a menu. What is so fun about them, is that they are soooo simple to make. Seriously you guys, they are probably one of the easiest things you can throw into a vat of hot oil. Minus the cotija cheese, these fritters have taken on almost a Mexican street corn like quality. They have a little bit of spice and a whole lot of texture.
Even if you guys aren’t on board with the idea of frying in the middle of July, please hold onto this recipe for football season. They are the perfect game day finger food! Pair them with a hefeweizen. The banana-like quality that comes from drinking a hefeweizen surprisingly compliments these fritters very well! Enjoy!
Fried Corn Fritters with Sriracha MayoPrint Pin Rate
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 3 cups premade baking mix like Bisquick or something similar
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- canola or vegetable oil for frying
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo and sriracha. Set aside or refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
- In a large bowl, fold together the premade baking mix, cream corn, milk, eggs, corn kernels, chili powder, black pepper, cumin, and cayenne pepper until all of the ingredients are evenly dispersed. Set it aside while you heat your oil
- Pour the oil in a deep skillet or dutch oven. Heat to 350 degrees F using a fry thermometer. Using a 3 tablespoon-sized scoop. Scoop the batter into the hot oil. Start with one fritter. Fry it until it is a deep brown on all sides, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer the fritter to a plate that has been lined with a paper towel. Break it open with a fork and make sure it is fully cooked inside. If it isn't, adjust the temperature of the oil or fry them for a few seconds more. Fry the rest of your fritters. I did this in batches of 5.
- Serve the fritters immediately with the sriracha mayo. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired. Enjoy!