Pimento Cheese French Bread is a fun way to bring more pimento cheese into your life! It is the perfect appetizer or snack! Slice into pieces and enjoy immediately for the best snack you will make all summer!
Yay! It’s Friday! Let’s celebrate Friday with pimento cheese! You would think that I am originally from the south since my obsession with pimento cheese literally knows no bounds. I won’t bore you with a ton of details onto why I absolutely adore pimento cheese, but I plan on paying tribute to it today in this recipe for pimento cheese french bread.
When I want a quick snack, bread is always involved in some shape or form. If I have a dip leftover, I always tend to spread it on bread and bake it. While I was brainstorming on how I wanted to make pimento cheese shine, I kept coming back to the amazingness that is french bread pizza. While this isn’t quite a french bread pizza, it kind of takes on that quality don’t you think? Any way you slice it, pimento cheese baked on top of french bread = perfection.
I didn’t go the most traditional route when it comes to pimento cheese, and I did this for a couple of reasons. Cream cheese holds together really well. Oh sure, it will melt eventually, but for the few minutes it is in the oven it really holds together the other cheese, which would just ooze off the bread. If that’s your thing, please feel free to remove the cream cheese. I also tend to overload my pimento cheese with pimentos. I seriously can not get enough of pimentos, but feel free to decrease the unnecessary amount that I used. :)
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as I do, and for all of my fellow pimento cheese lovers out there, this one is for you! Pair it with a brown ale for optimal taste!
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 14 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces jarred pimentos drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 loaf french bread cut in half lengthwise
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with foil. Spray it with a nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream, cream cheese, mayo, hot sauce, chipotle chili powder, black pepper, cheddar cheese, and pimentos. Fold the ingredients together until everything is evenly distributed. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Take each half of your french bread loaf. I ripped out a little bit of the center of the bread to make a small well. This is completely optional. Evenly spread the pimento cheese on each half. I used all of the pimento cheese, but feel free to refrigerate any extra you may have.
- Spray the bread with a nonstick olive oil spray, and place it in the oven. Bake the bread for about 12-15 minutes or until melty and slightly brown along the edges.
- Remove from heat and cut into pieces. Enjoy immediately!