Roasted Garlic Soup with Chicken is the perfect warm and comforting appetizer recipe of main course soup. It is bursting with flavor!
So I don’t pair with tripels very often. I normally find them very difficult to pair with. There is a special kind of dish that can be paired with tripels, and if it has a lot of garlic in it, that’s the dish. Tripels can be on the sweeter side, which is why I love it with dishes that are heavy in garlic. You will be shocked at how well this pairing works, but I promise you, it does work!
Sides and Dinner
When it comes to pairing this soup during dinner, a few things can be done. Because this soup can be served as both an appetizer and a main course, there a few ways you can go. When serving it as an appetizer, I would definitely serve it on a smaller scale with a slice of cheesy garlic toast. I would keep things comforting when it comes to the main course and serve it with a nice chicken dish such as these spicy chicken thighs and seared avocadoes in pilsner butter sauce. Serve this chicken dish with a nice side of buttery pasta, and you will be a hit at your next dinner party! This chai spiced pear coffee cake is the perfect way to finish the meal off.
Roasted Garlic Soup with Chicken
Roasted Garlic Soup with ChickenPrint Pin Rate
- 8 heads of garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 cups chicken broth warmed through
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups fully-cooked shredded chicken I used a mixture of thigh and breast
- Serve with: garlic toasts olive oil drizzle, fresh parsley
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Chop the tops off of the heads of garlic and place each head in the molds of a standard muffin tin, exposed garlic facing up. Drizzle the garlic with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Cover with foil and place the garlic in the oven. Roast the garlic for 40-45 minutes or until soft and golden. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Once the garlic is cool enough to handle, release the garlic cloves into a medium bowl. With the back of a fork, mash the garlic into a paste. Set aside.
- Place a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the butter, and melt. Add the garlic and stir. Cook for 1 minute. Add the flour and whisk. Cook the flour mixture until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Whisk in the chicken broth. Add the Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper. Bring the soup to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer the soup for 15 minutes, or until nice and thick. Stir in the heavy cream and chicken. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Keep the soup warm on the stove until ready to serve.
- Serve the soup topped with a drizzle of olive oil and fresh parsley. Serve with garlic toasts and enjoy immediately!