Glazed coconut lemon cake is a great spring and summer dessert recipe that’s easy and quick to make!
Glazed Coconut Lemon Cake
Roasty toasty coconut: is there something more to love in a spring dessert? How about bright and vibrant lemon? No need to split them up. Combine them to make this super fancy glazed coconut lemon cake. OK, so maybe it isn’t the fanciest cake in the world, but it is scrumptious. It is also super simple to make and doesn’t take much prep at all. This glazed coconut lemon cake is a great additon to any brunch menu. Get all the details below!
What will I need to make this glazed coconut lemon cake (see recipe below for entire ingredient list)?
1 cup unsweetened coconut
1 cup full-fat vanilla yogurt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
lemon zest from 1 large lemon
juice from 1 large lemon
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Can I skip the toast on the coconut?
You can! I mean I love the toastiness that you get from toasted coconut, and it really does add another depth of flavor to this cake, but you certainly don’t have to toast it if you are trying to save on time. You will still get a glorious coconut flavor with or without toasting.
Glazed Coconut Lemon Cake
How long will this cake stay fresh?
You can go a few different ways when storing this cake. You can refrigerate the entire cake in plastic wrap or foil. It will stay freshest longest that way – about a week. You can wrap it up and store it at room temperature where it will keep for about 2-3 days. If storing at room temperature, I might store the glaze separately in the fridge. You can also wrap up each slice individually and store it in the fridge.
Can I freeze this cake?
Yes, you can! Prepare the cake as the instructions indicate, but don’t glaze it. Let it cool completely, and then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and foil. Freeze for up to three months. Thaw at room temperature and then add your glaze.
Are you looking for more great cake recipes on Cooking and Beer? Well, we have a ton of them! Check out some of my favorite cake recipes!
Coconut Lemon Cake
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup full-fat vanilla yogurt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- lemon zest from 1 large lemon
- juice from 1 large lemon
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- lemon juice from 2 large lemons
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9x5in loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To a large dry skillet, add the coconut. Heat over medium-low heat and continue to stir until the coconut begins to brown. Time will vary but will typically take about 15 minuts. Remove from heat as soon as it begins to brown, and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, granulated sugar, eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, coconut oil, and almond extract. Whisk thoroughly to combine.
- In a medium bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and 2/3 cup of the toast coconut.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and fold the ingredients together until thoroughly combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 min or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze. In a medium bowl, combine the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and maple syrup. Whisk until smooth.
- Remove the cake from the pan and place on a large plate. Add the glaze and then top with remaining toasted coconut. Slice and enjoy!
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, and be sure to tag us if you make this dish!