So, I have another game day recipe for you today. Can you sense a trend? I’m kind of counting down the days until the start of the season(s). I’ll try to tone it down a notch. I know that I can be exhausting with my obsessions sometimes. ;) Anyway, I love to serve dip when I’m serving a large crowd. I love even more to serve good craft beer to a large crowd! I mixed the two in this recipe, and the result was just to … die … for.
So how is everyone’s week going?! Doesn’t it feel like time is just dragging? Around here it certainly does. I’ve been cooking/baking like crazy and deep-cleaning our house.
I get into moods.
Suzy homemaker type moods … where all I want to do is clean, cook, eat and sleep.
At least the week has been successful. I haven’t had one recipe fail yet (knock on wood), and that I would say is a complete success, since most of my recipes tend to be fails at some point or another. ;)
I have had cheesy corn dip in all sorts of varieties. I love it. Sweet corn is definitely a weakness of mine, and I love it that it is totally in season right now. I simply don’t care what people say about it’s “nutritional value.” Corn has gotten a bad rap lately.
I’m going to eat it anyway, and I’m going to love it at the same time.
This slow cooker corn dip contains one of my favorite ingredients to cook with: BEER! That, combined with, cheese, peppers, and yummy spices, will have your taste buds going crazy.
I also love how simple this recipe is. Literally, You throw everything into a slow cooker and call it a day. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
Beer: Great Northern Brewing
Style: American Pale Ale
Alcohol Content: 5.3%
Description: I absolutely adored this beer once I finally got to try it. During a recent trip to Montana, we picked up as many local beers as we possibly could (which always seems to be the case whenever we travel anywhere). This pale ale was one of the best of the pack. It is super citrusy and has the tropical notes you crave in a single-hopped pale ale. The thing I loved most about it, was it’s freshness! I love when this happens! It’s also JUST hoppy enough, and not out of control. I went ahead cooked with it and the result was just perfection. It really highlighted the sweetness from the corn and complimented the spiciness from the jalapeño. It’s the perfect match, so when you go to whip up this recipe, don’t forget the beer (you can use another pale ale if you can’t get your hands on this particular brew)! It’s one of the most important ingredients!
I hope everyone is having a great week so far! Here’s the delish recipe!
Slow Cooker Pale Ale Corn Dip
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 3 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 jalapeño seeds and stem removed, minced
- 1 red bell pepper seeds and stem removed, diced finely
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 1/4 cup monterey jack cheese grated
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup pale ale beer
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 4 strips of bacon cooked until crisp, chopped
- green onions sliced, for garnish
- To your slow cooker, add the corn, jalapeño, red bell pepper, garlic, monterey jack cheese, sour cream, pale ale beer, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Break the cream cheese into pieces and place on top of the corn mixture. Cover the slow cooker and cook for 4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
- When you are ready to serve. Give the corn mixture a stir to incorporate the cream cheese.
- Serve immediately, topped with bacon and green onions, with tortilla chips.