Well, because I posted tomato soup yesterday, I only felt it necessary to post grilled cheese today. OMG, you guys, these bacon and apple grilled cheese sandwiches are amazing. They seriously taste like fall, if you can call a grilled cheese sandwich “fall-like.” It’s the apples guys. The apples! These sandwiches are so savory: with the bacon and sharp white cheddar cheese and those thin slices of crispy, sweet apples add that certain sweetness that you crave with a grilled cheese sandwich!
It’s been all about the easy recipes this week. I’ve been making soup and sandwiches like it’s my job lately.
Wait … it is my job …
But anyway, it’s all about keeping recipes quick and easy as we prepare for Thanksgiving, and you don’t get much easier than soup and sandwiches.
Grilled cheese is one of those recipes that I love to put my mark on. My normal grilled cheese sandwich usually consists of just about anything I have on hand, and that’s exactly what happened with these bacon and apple grilled cheese sandwiches. I have so many leftover apples and in an attempt to use them before they go bad, I’ve been putting apples in just about everything.
The apples send this bacon and apple grilled cheese sandwich over the top. Dunk it in a bowl of creamy tomato soup and you have pure comfort food!
Recipe and beer pairing is below! I hope everyone has a great day! xo
- 8 slices artisan bread
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 8 slices sharp white cheddar cheese
- 8 slices fully-cooked bacon crisp
- 2 apples sliced thin
- Preheat a griddle pan or non-stick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Butter one side of one slice of bread, and place, butter side down, on the preheated pan. Spread on honey mustard and top with 1 slice of white cheddar cheese, 2 slices fully-cooked bacon, and 5-6 apple slices. Top with another slice of white cheddar cheese. Spread butter on one side of another slice of bread and place on top of the cheese, butter side up. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until brown. Flip the sandwich carefully, cover and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Remove from heat, and repeat this step for the remaining 3 sandwiches.
- Serve immediately with a warm bowl of tomato soup and enjoy!