Whose ready to get their game day food on? I know that I certainly am. I think I count down the months until football season starts, and then when football season ends, I start the countdown again. It’s an endless cycle and it’s all because of the food (and sometimes the football). I love finger foods, snacks, appetizers…warm and cold. You name it, I go crazy over it. I think it’s because of the variety. There’s so much to choose from, so much to indulge in, so much to get your little fingers on. From buffalo wings to 7-layer dip, your options are limitless. I love how each and every year, everyone puts new spins on everyday game day food. Today I’m sharing one of my absolute favorite dips of all time. It’s done in the slow cooker, it’s absolutely addictive, and it’s the best broccoli and cheese dip you will ever have.
It’s been a good week and a half since I posted my last dip recipe, and I will be posting another one tomorrow! Muahahaha. I mean we’ve got to get in as many dip recipes as humanly possible before the football season ends don’t we?! … and I don’t know about you, but I’m just about cookie(d) out. Oh no, I’m not cookie(d) out when it comes to eating cookies. Shame on you for thinking such a thing. I’m just about cookie(d) out in the baking department. I think you guys are picking up what I’m throwing down. Yeah?
Anyway, we are about to embark on that period of time right after Christmas and right before the New Year. That wonderful week that separates the two, where every single last one of us indulges, indulges, indulges because we all know what’s coming: The New Year. New Year’s Resolutions … *blerg* … it makes me sad just thinking about it. I don’t know about you guys, but I’m not a crazy resolution person. I tend to be pretty content with my life. I don’t normally go on any crazy diets. I do however try to up my running and I do try to find a new and improved way of staying organized. This is in no way related to this slow cooker broccoli and cheese dip. I just thought you guys may want to know…or maybe you didn’t. ;)
That being said, this isn’t to say that there won’t be an insane load of healthy recipes coming your way in the New Year. Also being said, I have to go crazy with as many game day favorites as I possibly can in the mean time. This slow cooker broccoli and cheese dip is just another great dip to add to the list.
It’s so delicious guys. It’s like broccoli and cheese soup (which by the way is one of my favorites because … cheese) but thicker, creamier and soooo addictive. It’s made in the slow cooker and well … win.
You can’t go wrong with “slow cooker” … “broccoli and cheese” … and “dip” going on in the same sentence! I mean, come on now!
Make this slow cooker broccoli and cheese dip soon! You will be so glad you did! Recipe and beer pairings are below. I hope everyone is having a fantabulous weekend! xo
Slow Cooker Broccoli and Cheese Dip
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion chopped
- 6 cups fresh broccoli chopped
- 1 can 10 3/4 ounces condensed broccoli cheese soup
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped basil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- black pepper
- toasts or tortilla chips
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add the broccoli to the pan and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes. Transfer the veggies to your slow cooker.
- Stir in the soup, milk, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, chopped basil, cheese and black pepper until thoroughly combined. Cook the dip on LOW for 2-3 hours or until broccoli is tender and cheese is melted.
- The dip may be set to the warm/low position until you serve it. Top with additional black pepper and fresh parsley. Best served warm with toasts.