Woohoo! Can we say that the countdown has officially begun?! I mean, there are only so many days left to shop, organize, menu plan, and bake, bake bake! I have been going crazy over simple, delicious and balanced snacks. I have especially been going crazy over recipes that can be thrown in the slow cooker, so that I can concentrate on my ongoing task list. This winter spice slow cooker snack mix is the latest recipe to make it into the old snacking vault. Loaded with Planter’s nuts, cereal, pretzels and those warm spices that remind you of winter, this snack mix is perfectly warming as the temperatures start to lower!
This nutritious-focused winter spice slow cooker snack mix is really all very simple.
First, you load up your slow cooker with all of the essentials: Planter’s Winter Spiced Mix, the mixed nuts from the Planter’s Holiday Collection Tin, rice squares cereal, corn squares cereal, pretzels, and toasted o’s cereal.
A simple sauce made up of melted butter, brown sugar, honey, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, a handful of salt and cayenne pepper come together in a saucepan over low heat. You then drizzle this delicious sweet concoction over your dry snack mix. Yup, that’s right, directly on top. Mix mix mix, and then cook on low for 3 hours!
That’s really all this snack mix requires. Do I have you jumping on the slow cooker snack mix bandwagon yet?
Are you guys interested in knowing where you can pick up some Planter’s Seasonal Nuts? Simply head to your local Walmart and look for the Planter’s holiday sleigh display located in the snack aisle. They have all kinds of special goodies gracing their shelves!
If you need more inspiration, check out the Cooking Up Good website. They have recipes, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, coupons and more! What’s not to love? If you’re looking for a new dinner idea or a chance to win some awesome prizes, be sure to check it out!
Have you guys ever heard of Blipper?! It’s this super cool app you can download for free on your apple, android, blackberry or windows device? Blippar is a fun new app that allows you to scan (or blip) one of the Planter’s seasonal nut items, from there you can browse a list of seasonal Planter’s items or browse recipes. I really loved browsing the recipes. As someone who goes crazy over inspiration for recipes from all platforms, I couldn’t put this down! Check it out!
I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend and that you’re enjoying what’s left of it! Recipe for this delish winter spice slow cooker snack mix and beer pairings are below! xo
- 1 1/2 cups Planter's Winter Spiced Mix
- 1 cup Planter's Holiday Collection Tin Mixed Nuts
- 3 cups rice squares cereal
- 3 cups corn squares cereal
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1 1/2 cups toasted o's cereal
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- To the bowl of your slow cooker, add the Planter's Winter Spiced Mix, the mixed nuts from the Planter's Holiday Collection Tin, rice squares cereal, corn squares cereal, pretzels, and toasted o's cereal.
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, melt the butter over low heat. Once melted, whisk in the brown sugar, honey, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, salt and cayenne pepper until smooth and combined. Let cook for 2-3 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Pour the sauce over the snack mix, and stir thoroughly until the snack mix is evenly coated.
- Cook on low for 3 hours, stirring every hour, so that the mix does not burn.
- Once cooked, pour the snack mix into an even layer onto a large baking sheet. Let dry and cool completely. Serve or store in an airtight container for 2 weeks.