Paired with a Scotch Ale or Wee Heavy
Happy Friday, friends! I hope you guys have something fun planned for the holiday weekend. It’s not looking a whole lot like spring here in Colorado, but I’m sure we will make the best of it. I’ll probably force Zach out to grill even if it is 40 degrees F and raining. ;) He likes it. He just doesn’t like to admit it.
I feel like that because it has been so gross out lately, I’ve resorted back to my wintertime comfort foods. The slow cooker has been going and going around the clock, and I can’t keep myself from whipping up every soup in the Cooking and Beer archives. That’s ok though. I don’t mind celebrating Memorial Day with soup. ;)
So this warm pistachio cheese dip is a recipe I’ve been wanting to share for a while. I love pistachios. Ask anyone who is close to me, I go through like 4 small bags of pistachios a week. Costco can’t even keep up with my constant demand. They really are the perfect snack, but they are even better when they are transformed into a recipe. Crusting meat and fish in pistachios is a great way to put the salty nut to use, but I love them best in desserts and appetizers.
This warm pistachio cheese dip is so warm and comforting, but perfect for a large crowd. It’s seriously addicting, and even though those temperature are supposed to be getting higher, stash this recipe away for a rainy day. It’s a great way to warm up on a cold and rainy day.
Recipe is below! Pair this warm pistachio cheese dip with a scotch ale or wee heavy. I love the fig-like notes that you get from these two styles of beer. It will really bring out the flavor in those salty pistachios and that savory cheese. Have a wonderful weekend everyone! I’ll talk to you on Sunday! xo
Warm Pistachio Cheese Dip
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shelled pistachios lightly toasted and chopped
- pita chips for serving
- additional pistachios and parsley for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and spray a medium-sized baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, fold together the cream cheese, yogurt, mayo, sour cream, milk, cheeses, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, dill and parsley. Mix until fully combined. Fold in the pistachios.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and place in the oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until bubbly and brown.
- Remove from heat and garnish with pistachios and parsley. Serve immediately with pita chips and enjoy!