Good morning, everyone! I hope your week is going well and you’re settling into August nicely…even if you don’t want to admit it. Can you guys believe it’s August?! I sure can’t. Children here out west start school fairly early, and I know they don’t want summer to end! This summer was seriously dragging for us. Anytime that you are in anticipation of things getting done, time just drags. In our case, our house being built is making time drag. We only have a little over a month left of waiting though, and we just can’t wait to finally be settled. Time has picked up a bit this past week though. Regular coffee shops dates, Friday night outings and Saturday morning hikes are helping us get through this summer.
Summer produce has definitely helped in moving things along. Corn is at it’s peak right now, and I just can’t get enough of it. Zucchini has also decided to make a scrumptious appearance and we’ve been going through it like crazy.
I love quiche. It’s one of my favorite dishes to make, and I make it a lot for dinner because it’s so super simple! This crustless corn and zucchini quiche is definitely a recipe you guys need to make while corn and zucchini are in season. While you can make it in the winter, nothing beats that freshness you get from making it in August.
Recipe for this crustless corn and zucchini quiche is below! Pair it with a farmhouse ale and have a wonderful day everyone! xo
Crustless Corn and Zucchini Quiche
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large zucchini finely sliced on a mandolin
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoons chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels cut fresh from the cob
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces grated swiss cheese
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the zucchini and onion. Cook for about 5 minutes, and then add the corn kernels. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Stir in the oregano, thyme, salt and black pepper. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream and ricotta cheese until smooth. Add the swiss, reserving 2 tablespoons for topping later. Gently fold in the cheese along with the veggie mixture.
- Spray a large pie pan with a nonstick spray and or line it with parchment paper. Pour in the egg mixture and sprinkle on the remaining swiss cheese. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for 15 minutes until the quiche is completely cooked through and puffed up just a little. Let stand at room temperature for about 5 minutes. Your quiche may deflate just a little. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.