Roast beef with garlic mustard crust is a simple, yet comforting dinner recipe that’s perfect for Sunday supper.
Fresh minced garlic, chopped parsley, and panko bread crumbs are mixed with melted butter. They are added to a small skillet where they toast to a golden perfection. They are then added to a perfect medium-rare beef eye round roast that has been spread with dijon mustard. Serve this roast beef with garlic mustard crust along side a bundle of fresh greens and tangy horseradish sauce!
Happy Friday to my lovely readers! I hope you all had a wonderful week and are bracing yourselves for the weekend! I’m on the Gulf in Florida this week/weekend and it has been one beautiful day after the next. While I’m not used to the humidity, I’ll take the warmth as it’s getting super cold at home in Wyoming! I think my favorite part about being near an ocean (other than being near an ocean) is all of the fresh seafood! I didn’t realize that when I moved away from my hometown in NJ that I would be giving up fresh seafood as well! It’s not the easiest of ingredients to find in the middle of Wyoming. ;)
While Wyoming lacks in the seafood department, it certainly does not lack in the beef department. Wyoming has some of the best beef and bison in the country, and today I’m paying tribute to it!
This roast beef with garlic mustard crust is one of my all-time favorite comfort foods, and Zach and I eat it a couple of times throughout the winter season. It’s great served alongside a nice dollop of mashed potatoes and fresh greens.
Give this recipe a try this winter! Grab the recipe below and pair it with a porter. You want something robust for this roast beef. It’s super flavorful! Have a wonderful weekend friends, and I’ll see ya tomorrow!
Roast Beef with Garlic Mustard Crust
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled slightly
- salt and black pepper
- 3- pound boneless beef eye round roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- Serve with: fresh greens and horseradish sauce.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and have a roasting pan WITH roasting rack ready (you may also use a dutch oven with insertable roasting rack).
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, bread crumbs, parsley and butter. Fold the ingredient together until evenly dispersed. Season with salt and black pepper.
- To a small skillet, add the bread crumb mixture. Stir over medium-low heat until the bread crumbs are lightly toasted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Season the roast with salt and black pepper. To a dutch oven or roasting pan, add the olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the roast, and cook until the roast is brown on all sides, flipping it ever 2-3 minutes. Remove beef from the pot.
- With the heat left on, add the beef broth. Place the roasting rack in the pot, and place the beef on top and cover. Place the pan in the oven and roast for about 40-45 minutes or until the roast is cooked to your liking. I cooked my roast to medium-rare. Use a meat thermometer. Remove the beef from the pot and transfer it to a cutting board. Let it rest for just a couple of minutes.
- Spread the mustard all over the beef and pat the toasted bread crumnb mixture on top.
- Serve the beef immediately with fresh greens and horseradish sauce if desired. Enjoy!