Asian-style nachos are the perfect spin on a classic game day recipe!
These nachos are layered with all kinds of Asian-inspired goodness. Two layers of tortilla chips are topped with a savory pork mixture and tons of cheddar cheese. A light and refreshing red cabbage slaw and dollops of sour cream are the perfect finishing touch for a nacho recipe that is sure to be a hit at your next game day party!
I promised myself that I wouldn’t post any more game day recipes until next football season. I kind of go crazy this time of year when it comes to football-themed recipes. Just when I think I have run out of recipe ideas for dips, chicken wings, and nachos, my brain gets flooded with all kind of appetizer inspiration. I can’t help it, and I’m really not sorry about it. I went on a football food rampage last week, so get ready for it.
These Asian-style nachos are just one of these so-called game day appetizers, and they were a serious hit.
I’m picky when it comes to nachos. I’ve made a few on this blog. From buffalo chicken to tex-mex, I’ve definitely been around the block a few times when it comes to nachos. These Asian-style nachos are one of my new favorite appetizer recipes. I have been known to prep twice the amount of ingredients just so I can make this recipe a couple times per week. I have also been known to eat these nachos and only these nachos for lunch. Something I’m both proud of and not proud of.
These Asian-style nachos are perfect for game day you guys. Add them to your menus ASAP and pair them with a pale ale. It will really compliment the spiciness! Enjoy!
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small yellow onion finely diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded, stemmed and finely diced
- 4 cloves of garlic finely minced
- 1 pound loose pork sausage
- slat and black pepper
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste or finely minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 10- ounce bag yellow white or blue corn tortilla chips
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups chopped red cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large nonstick skillet, add the canola oil. Heat over medium heat and add the onion and pepper. Cook for about 6 minutes, or until tender. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add the sausage, and cook, breaking apart it apart, until it is cooked through and lightly browned. Season with salt and black pepper and stir in the lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, ginger, and honey. Cook for an additional 2 minutes or until fully coated. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper . Layer half of the tortilla chips on the pan. Top with half of the sausage mixture and half of the cheese. Top with the remaining half of tortilla chips, sausage and cheese. Place the nachos in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- While the nachos are baking, prepare the cabbage. Combine the cabbage, cilantro, green onions, mirin, olive oil, and salt and black pepper. Toss to combine. Set aside.
- Top the nachos with the cabbages mixture and dollop with sour cream. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit.